New official City website

I suspect they've farmed this out to on of our sponsors zwho thought this should be a doddle and now City are stuck. If they go back to the old one they end up creating a pr shotstorm for the sponsor. So now they need to scramble to fix whatever they can and as soon as possible...end of season ditch them. Just my suspicions. Could be that Pellegrini designed it.

God God. Just been on to the official site to see a yellow banner with news about Hull and their possible new manager FFS!

The new website is garbage, from the terrible menu systems, the stupid slider bar filled with nonsense about the rags, stupid fixture nonsense so I can't see future matches in one view, videos are almost impossible to find.
Add to that seems to be down half the time, we want our old site back

Agree with every word.

I'll also add, it's slow as hell too.

It's just fucking awful. Terrible. 16 seconds to refresh a page just now. Awful. I absolutely loathe it.

Did I mention it was terrible?

Last edited:
Just been on it for the first time now. I'd ask how any supposedly 'top' organisation could let such a shit show go public, but then frankly it's not that uncommon when it comes to company websites. Easy to blame the web devs but City probably now have a suitably bureaucratic mess of management sticking their oar in at every turn, asking for the impossible, going back on their requests to make new ones, not changing the deadline or budget to accommodate, etc, and that's before you factor in the creative agency hired to do the job and all their opinions.

All of this pales in comparison to the name though. Horrible. Sounds like some marketing Pr guru from the states chose it.

Hate it - I can never find anything - tried to find the matchday centre when we played Dortmund and ended up keeping an eye on the updates on the Daily Mail! Bring back the old website

I left a comment in the feedback section. At the end it asked if this was a new or existing complaint. None, yes or no. Hmmmmmmm...... :-)

WTF was wrong with the old site never had a problem easy to use everything loaded quickly enough, it seams that some people at City think to change everything is good.

Just been on it for the first time now. I'd ask how any supposedly 'top' organisation could let such a shit show go public, but then frankly it's not that uncommon when it comes to company websites. Easy to blame the web devs but City probably now have a suitably bureaucratic mess of management sticking their oar in at every turn, asking for the impossible, going back on their requests to make new ones, not changing the deadline or budget to accommodate, etc, and that's before you factor in the creative agency hired to do the job and all their opinions.

All of this pales in comparison to the name though. Horrible. Sounds like some marketing Pr guru from the states chose it.
I suspect you are dead right about the bureaucratic mess. Growing companies can only avoid it for so long. If so hope it's not too late to address.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.