New York City FC Thread (new away kit P245)

Re: New York City

Ray78 said:
The club has denied it.

Yep .....

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1596243_manchester-city-distance-themselves-from-new-york-city-mls-franchise-reports?rss=yes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... ts?rss=yes</a>

It would be pretty cool if they do. Nice to see the brand expand. Keep NYCFC in our colours, our sponsors etc. Nice to see us break further into the American market.

jamielowndes said:
It would be pretty cool if they do. Nice to see the brand expand. Keep NYCFC in our colours, our sponsors etc. Nice to see us break further into the American market.

There is also a risk that it would dilute the brand and reflectly badly on us..

But I doubt that it would involve MCFC in any way, it might involve some other UAE entity or even ADUG itself but not City.

As a former New Yorker (now living in Portland, OR) I think a club that actually plays in NY, especially Queens, could do very well. Business wise it would be a good move but in terms of it serving MCFC as a developmental team the structure of how MLS works would inhibit that.

Haven't heard much about the Cosmos franchise that has been in the works.

RobertFish said:
As a former New Yorker (now living in Portland, OR) I think a club that actually plays in NY, especially Queens, could do very well. Business wise it would be a good move but in terms of it serving MCFC as a developmental team the structure of how MLS works would inhibit that.

Heard that asshole Cantona was involved with the Cosmos so that would be a non starter! Ahhh yes I remember the halcyon days of the Cosmos around the late 70's.......

Frank the Yank said:
RobertFish said:

Heard that asshole Cantona was involved with the Cosmos so that would be a non starter! Ahhh yes I remember the halcyon days of the Cosmos around the late 70's.......

Cantona is supposed to be the face of the Cosmos but aside from a few articles and merchandise I'm not sure anything is really happening.

RobertFish said:
Frank the Yank said:
RobertFish said:

Cantona is supposed to be the face of the Cosmos but aside from a few articles and merchandise I'm not sure anything is really happening.
I'm off to New York in May, boys. Any tips on the place would be much appreciated :-)

Would we have to dress like this?

stupidmanurefanwa7jpgnx7-1.jpg

New York City

I've heard from a reliable source that there will be a new francise team in the MLS and it won't be New York Cosmos as seemed likely, it will be a team connected with us, called New York City.
They person who told me had no reason to make it up, and neither have I.
Be great though.

Unless there's an echo in here , i think i've heard this shout before ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.