Newcastle (H) Post Match Thread

I haven't seen any replays but I'm not sure why he is getting some blame for the goal? In real time at the match it looked like Otamendi came too far forward, missed a tackle and got caught too high up the pitch.

The through ball to the forward was very good as well.

Looked to me like the Newcastle players just belted it forward. Thought THAT was a bit lucky, too.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/match-r...-20-jan-18-ko-530pm-premier-league-att-54452/

'Where Were You When You Were Shit?

Obviously, this rankles with the home crowd because that support is proud of the way some of it’s support stuck by Man City in less financially doped days at Maine Road, when they were a proper club. I laughed when they sung it back to the away end, blissfully ignorant it seems of the Championship team we are following in the Premier League.

If there is one thing our support utterly owns and it’s the moral high ground.'

Seems odd to complain about security checks. Everyone knows what they're there for nowadays.

Moans about soul and being dead but their ground is named after a fucking budget sportswear shop.

Zinchenko was outstanding.

Technically superb, I felt he offered just as much as Delph does.

If anything, he makes that Silva Sane combo work even better.

To make 114 passes and complete 94% of them on your first start in the Premier League, at his age, is very impressive. I thought he was our best player in the first half; although Cap'n Dave was very good.

I heard someone make the point that Zin looked far more impressive when put into a full team than the weaker ones he has played in so far; whether that was coincidence or just progression, I don't know but he didn't look out of place. Good opponent for him to start against but that's just good management from Pep.

The question that needs to be raised here is not about Zinchenko being up to it but why we haven't any left backs wing backs coming through the Academy

Particularly as it was his first ever start in a PL game, and he's just turned 21.

As regards his pace, only once yesterday was he forced to use it, when he lost his man for the goal, and gave him a 5 yard start, but he nearly caught him by the edge of the box, but he couldn't challenge (from behind) or it would have been a penalty and/or a red card.

I thought he had a good game, and will only benefit from playing more regularly, he's a neat and tidy player, who rarely looks pressured.
Very well said totally agree it was the ball given away in midfield which led to the goal, which nothing to do with him. Very impressed only problem I can see is that he is fairly light weight and could get out muscled.

Yep and one of them were an Ederson triple save away from a completely underserved point as instead of killing the game of at 2-0 we completely took our foot off the gas and lost our focus.
Or another way of looking at it is that when 2 goals down & with only a quarter of the match left to go, Newcastle decided to come out to play. It's about perspective.

Their fans are a particularly angry lot.
What sort of morons have they got following em now , we were treated to the full lot today,
Shit Man Utd
Your grounds too big for you
Where were you when you were shit
Celebrations for only getting beat 3.1 , they were like a 3rd division cup sides fans , no class at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.