Newcastle United (A) - Wed 27th Sept, 20:00 | EFL Cup | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get knocked out of the league Cup then there's no worries with the FIFA Club WC but if we were still in the league Cup I'd prioritise it over the FIFA Club World Cup.

So I'd go strong the the League Cup but I don't think my opinion is shared by Pep and Co.

Trying to look for a silver lining: I'm thinking Rhodri would have probably been rested for the Newcastle match. And Kalvin needs a run of games if he is to maintain his levels and be as effective as possible when called upon. Hope he smashes it given this opportunity.

Players unavailable
Stones, Kovacic, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo

Players we shouldn't risk
Ederson, Akanji, Ake, Dias, Gvardiol, Walker, Doku, Foden, Alvarez, Haaland

Players who need game time
Carson, Ortega, Gomez, Lewis, Bobb, Grealish, Nunes, Phillips

So 7 starters and fill with EDS/ Academy

I'd recall Cancelo and play him then send him to Saudi or Girona

I'm at peace with going out of the cup, bigger fish to fry considering our current squad crisis

I think this will be a strange game as I don't think either team has a strong desire to win the match and continue in the competition.

The players we can be sure of starting are Ortega, Lewis, Gomez, Ake (because he was on the bench v Forest), Phillips, Grealish (returning from injury) and Bobb. We can probably pencil in Alvarez too as I imagine he’ll be given this game as the striker to see how he does. Who the other 3 will be, I have no idea. Maybe Nunes as he seems to have the energy for it. Then we need another centre back and another midfielder (or winger if we try Bobb inside)

If we had more fit players then I'd make a load of changes for this, but I'm not sure we have that luxury. Newcastle will make changes but they've got a big squad and will be buzzing for a scalp after thrashing Sheffield United.

Ortega
Lewis
Akanji
Gvardiol
Gomez
Phillips
Nunes
Bobb
Grealish
Doku
Alvarez

Likely a defensive disaster that, but we need to keep Dias, Walker, Foden and Haaland rested as much as possible as I see them as a critical core with the players we have out.

I should have added that I expect your fans can drink in virtually any pub in town without hiding your colours and there will be no trouble, nothing worse than a bit of taking the piss out of each other. It can be a bit different after the match as we seem in attract all of the local pricks who have never been to a match in their lives but the police will soon scatter them. Drinking in town after the match should also be fine.

Respect the town and there's probably nowhere better to go as an away fan and we're proud of that. You’re more likely to get a drink bought for you than have a fight unless you start a one which isn’t very clever.

Turn up, go for a beer and food, go and enjoy the game and then either go for another drink or go home after the game. We've got more in common with each others clubs than we have differences other than recent and current history and current squad depths but we're trying.
It’s a great City but not the same without the Tuxedo Princess and the revolving dance floor!

About 30 years ago was the first time I’d seen girls on a night out in Winter wearing just party dresses, think it’s caught on now. Young lasses describing themselves as “mortal”, found out it meant pissed, many a good night out up there and as you say never any kind of lumber (Manc for trouble).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.