Newcastle United (H) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

I don’t understand the tactics. We’ve got two CB’s in Walker and Gvaridol playing more or less as wingers, the former not having an attacking bone in his body. Our striker needs service on top of that. Despite this highly conservative approach from Pep, we’re still conceding goals for fun—shoutout to Akanji and Foden, who I thought were brilliant. Doku as well.
Walker doesn’t play as a wing back often these days if you are paying attention.He stays behind and the last man on corners to stop counter attacks. Jasko was the only one staying up high when doku moved inside and he did a decent job.Doku playing more centrally helps our striker by taking defenders with him and create more space.

I don’t understand the tactics. We’ve got two CB’s in Walker and Gvaridol playing more or less as wingers, the former not having an attacking bone in his body. Our striker needs service on top of that. Despite this highly conservative approach from Pep, we’re still conceding goals for fun—shoutout to Akanji and Foden, who I thought were brilliant. Doku as well.
Prize wum strikes again

That clothesline foul on Doku was shocking.

Empty seats shout was as predictable as it was boring, I'd be more arsed about the empty trophy cabinet if I was them after numerous millions spunked on average players with long ball hoofing.

Walker doesn’t play as a wing back often these days if you are paying attention.He stays behind and the last man on corners to stop counter attacks. Jasko was the only one staying up high when doku moved inside and he did a decent job.Doku playing more centrally helps our striker by taking defenders with him and create more space.
Idk. It sure seemed like Walker found himself in positions to put crosses in a lot yesterday. Certainly in the first half.

I don't know where folk get these ideas of 'shit' from. My seat neighbour doesn't particularly like Doku's contribution and compares it to Sterling, but today he had to admit when I said that he frightens defenders he begrudgingly agreed. Once he takes on board Pep's instructions to the letter and gets a few assists under his belt he'll realise his full potential. The way he leaves challengers in his wake over a two yard stretch and opens up the play is a very valuable asset.

Guy behind me shouts out “shit” when ever Kev hits a pass that doesn't reach the City player he's picked out. Which is bound to happen, since Kev is a high-risk passing player.
I wish these miserable fuckers would stay at home. And I wish they'd stay off this forum, honestly. But it's a free world. Unfortunately.

I don't know where folk get these ideas of 'shit' from. My seat neighbour doesn't particularly like Doku's contribution and compares it to Sterling, but today he had to admit when I said that he frightens defenders he begrudgingly agreed. Once he takes on board Pep's instructions to the letter and gets a few assists under his belt he'll realise his full potential. The way he leaves challengers in his wake over a two yard stretch and opens up the play is a very valuable asset.

Oh and by the way (this is a separate answer to your point, hence the double quote). I am utterly certain that Doku can and will learn from Pep's coaching over the next season or two. If he doesn't lose his pace, and learns to make slightly better decisions about when to shoot, and when to pass to someone who's in better space, look out. Because he'll be one of the most exciting players in the squad.
And I invite anyone who wants to to bookmark this. I've rarely been this convinced about a player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.