Next Captain

I think John will be both England and city captain in a few years. Looking at other forums does make me laugh, calling John stones performance awful. He's on the English player who is willing to play football, he's a fucking centre back and that's the best footballer we've got. If we wasn't so inept in midfield he wouldn't have to go forward as much as he did.

I think John will be both England and city captain in a few years. Looking at other forums does make me laugh, calling John stones performance awful. He's on the English player who is willing to play football, he's a fucking centre back and that's the best footballer we've got. If we wasn't so inept in midfield he wouldn't have to go forward as much as he did.

He'd be ten times the midfielder for England than Rooney is for sure.

He'd be ten times the midfielder for England than Rooney is for sure.

I never used to rate stones that much at Everton, but when you watch him every week you start to appreciate what a good player he is. He makes mistakes but he also opens up opportunity's like he did last night by taking several players out with one turn. He'd be better suited in midfield for England, he doesn't mind the ball at his feet unlike the Henderson and dier.

Makes me smile to see people saying he's a future England captain!

And if he himself has ideas in that direction, someone should've told him which team he was joining. The chances of a City player being made permanent captain of England these days is lower than zero! The FA will always want a high-profile captain, and whatever Stones wins with us, he has no chance at all to captain his country. Or if, by some miracle it happened, he wouldn't last 3 games as the media would delight in blaming a City player for all England's woes. And then there's that skilful young Lingard to compete with, too....

We used to talk about the 'core' of Hart, Kompany, Touré, Silva and Aguero.

I think right now our core is Bravo, Stones, Fernandinho, De Bruyne and Aguero. Stones will inevitably take Kompany's place as captain when he's been here a bit longer, Silva's just been keeping the armband warm for him. Not a fan of players coming in and being made captain after a few weeks (Jonjo Shelvey), they need to earn the respect of the fans and their teammates or the role is pointless.

Bravo, Fernandinho and Stones are the players who I'd consider giving it to. We need someone who's going to be ever-present. De Bruyne would be a good shout if not for injuries.

Makes me smile to see people saying he's a future England captain!

And if he himself has ideas in that direction, someone should've told him which team he was joining. The chances of a City player being made permanent captain of England these days is lower than zero! The FA will always want a high-profile captain, and whatever Stones wins with us, he has no chance at all to captain his country. Or if, by some miracle it happened, he wouldn't last 3 games as the media would delight in blaming a City player for all England's woes. And then there's that skilful young Lingard to compete with, too....

If Jesse Lingard is ever made England captain I'll stop watching England.

Henderson wearing the armband was bad enough. I've never yet watched a Jordan Henderson performance that's made me think he's good enough for the premier league.

I've been wondering who our captain would be if Vinnie, Merlin, Fernandinho and Yaya aren't in the first 11 (which I think could be a possibility next season).

Reckon Stones could be our long term replacement in that aspect but isn't ready yet.

De Bruyne or Gundogan would probably be my choice, who would you like to see lead out our side?

Dani Alves (once he signs) would be one of the strongest candidates.

Last edited:
I've been wondering who our captain would be if Vinnie, Merlin, Fernandinho and Yaya aren't in the first 11 (which I think could be a possibility next season).

Reckon Stones could be our long term replacement in that aspect but isn't ready yet.

De Bruyne or Gundogan would probably be my choice, who would you like to see lead out our side?
As far as I'm concerned we should have 11 captain's at all times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.