Next Rail Strikes Announced.

Spent ages online getting the Fulham tickets and now this train strike,all booked up from Newcastle,I am honestly starting to think is all this worth the hassle

Is it not better to strike on a weekend when most people travelling are only travelling for leisure, than striking on weekdays when most people are commuting to work where a loss of train service could mean a loss of income for the commuters? Most of those affected commuters would be working class anyway, so then they really would be targeting them.

Is it not better to strike on a weekend when most people travelling are only travelling for leisure, than striking on weekdays when most people are commuting to work where a loss of train service could mean a loss of income for the commuters? Most of those affected commuters would be working class anyway, so then they really would be targeting them.
It is a good excuse to work from home these days for many, people tend not to travel far for lower paid jobs.

Funny considering how much you bleat on about us not needing cars.
We don’t. We are capable of getting on a bicycle or walking/running to work if it’s in close enough proximity to home, rather than use a car.

Much better for our health and the environment, and our finances as cars are the biggest waste of money in our lives today. But thousands upon thousands drive a 5 mile commute to work when they don’t need to.

I don’t see what that has to do with trains. Although I’d argue that more people walking to work and getting rid of their cars and the benefits that come with that for people and the environment, is more important than this train dispute. That’s why I ‘bleat’ on about it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
We don’t. We are capable of getting on a bicycle or walking/running to work if it’s in close enough proximity to home, rather than use a car.

Much better for our health and the environment, and our finances as cars are the biggest waste of money in our lives today. But thousands upon thousands drive a 5 mile commute to work when they don’t need to.

I don’t see what that has to do with trains. Although I’d argue that more people walking to work and getting rid of their cars and the benefits that come with that for people and the environment, is more important than this train dispute. That’s why I ‘bleat’ on about it a lot.
I used to cycle from Sale to Mcr Airport 6 days a week in all weather...sure quite a few others did as well....never did me any harm. Bit shit in winter when it was cold , wet and dark .

I used to cycle from Sale to Mcr Airport 6 days a week in all weather...sure quite a few others did as well....never did me any harm. Bit shit in winter when it was cold , wet and dark .
Lol, I do Stretford to Alty and back for work same as-sun, rain,snow the lot. Busier in the summer with the lycra wearing, fair weathered lightweights though.

I get the train from North East Scotland on match days, I've lost count of the number of times I've been victim of TPE cancellations due to staff shortages.

At least if there's a strike I can plan ahead (as inconvenient as it is).

I hope the unions can reach an agreement that means TPE will be able to run an efficient service with staff who aren't overworked and underpaid to the point absence is a chronic problem throughout the company.

Is exactly where I’m at, I understand it’s an emotive subject/situation for anyone connected to the industry, and they may feel a few nice words outside a station, or the pomp of a horn is the public giving them their 100% support, but I’m not one of them, neither do I support the government, I’m just pissed off being caught in the middle of it. The Unions have exhausted the tactic of targeting weekend travel, football fans, and other leisurely activities, it’s gone on too long and I’m starting to feel targeted, I was asked the question what else should they do ? That’s not a question for me, it’s for the two parties involved. What I can say is if someone feels targeted don’t be surprised if they push back. I’ve gone from feeling very understanding & supportive of the action, to sympathetic but wanting a resolution, to being totally pissed off with it
How about selective strikes on suburban commuter routes in the wealthy South East instead of attacking working class people. They need to do something to target marginal constituencies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.