Next season is not for the kids

It wouldnt show what you wrote .but my view is why spend so much on the academy if they dont even have a policy of bring at least 2 players through each season.

Pep might give 10 minutes to Foden or Sancho in the league cup next season but that's about it.

Next season is all about victory I feel, and if we get the squad we are all hoping we can achieve considering the players linked then even our league cup side will be ridiculously strong next season.

Most of our best youngsters will be on loan next year anyway, with the best at Girona such as Diaz.

Foden and Sancho will probably have one more year in the academy then it will be loans - hopefully in La Liga at Girona - in the 18/19 season.

personally i think academies are more based on a business model, rather than a footballing model now for 'rich' or 'financially secure' clubs.

I'd say no more than 10% have a chance of making it the the first team, and those that do, would have to be world class or better than the current first team to a sustained future at any club. The other 90% are seen as an investment to be sold on for a profit.

it is different to smaller clubs who cant go out and spend millions so a majority our their players may make their first team still, but will sell first team players more as they would more valuable than academy players to sell on.

i think Pep had a 'vision' of bringing more youth through, but think he underestimated our game so the pressure is on, he's having to spend on proven players now rather than take risks on academy players. In a few years, if he's still here that may change, but cant see a whole squad of academy players being our first team for a long, long time, if ever.

The other 90% are seen as an investment to be sold on for a profit.

I have to say that's a pretty bleak view of things. Just perhaps, PERHAPS, some players will have been developed so they can further their footballing careers at other clubs. The club doesn't even get a fee for many players that move on.

it is different to smaller clubs who cant go out and spend millions so a majority our their players may make their first team still, but will sell first team players more as they would more valuable than academy players to sell on.

Don't even have to look or think about it longer than a second. There isn't a club in the Premier League where the majority of its players come for their own academy.

The imminent sale of Kelechi will undoubtedly lead to further jibes that City don't bring through their own. So I wrote this for Unibet. Would appreciate your thoughts.

http://bet.unibet.co.uk/football/pr...trust-youth?mktid=52:5201000022:blog_10072017
I don't think the problem is the academy not producing the talent but that they don't have a half-way house between the academy and the first team in which to develop and top football clubs in England are so pressurised that it is impossible to give the players the time needed in the first team to adapt.

Without doubt the two best academies in English football are Chelsea and Manchester City based on success at their age level, but neither coach can afford to give time in the 1st team to its young players.

Example Kane: Took him over a season to adapt at Spurs. 1st season he did nothing.

Maybe we will get lucky with the next crop of young players with the 1st team squad. There might be one or two that just hit the ground running.

2 a season. Fuck me. I'll be surprised if we manage 2 in the next decade.

I was talking about this earlier with a friend of mine. The reality is that to make it, you've got to be something out of the ordinary otherwise you'll fall into the 98% that wont

The academy will be a productive investment. Many players will be sold for a profit and fund some transfer activity. Many will go on to have professional careers without us seeing any return.

I think there is a big empashis around this from our fan base and the more I think about it the more it confuses me. I don't think the club see it in the same way, I think to city it's just an investment and another way to churn money.

2 a season. Fuck me. I'll be surprised if we manage 2 in the next decade.

I was talking about this earlier with a friend of mine. The reality is that to make it, you've got to be something out of the ordinary otherwise you'll fall into the 98% that wont

The academy will be a productive investment. Many players will be sold for a profit and fund some transfer activity. Many will go on to have professional careers without us seeing any return.

I think there is a big empashis around this from our fan base and the more I think about it the more it confuses me. I don't think the club see it in the same way, I think to city it's just an investment and another way to churn money.
There's got to be a balance, though. Those players sold without playing for the first team will only have sufficient merit and value if there's enough that make it through. That was what enabled united to hawk players throughout the divisions for so many years, sometimes for outrageous fees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.