NHS cuts protest demonstration in Manchester:

urmston said:
Most of the marchers are not worried about austerity for the poor and the unemployed.

They are worried that their own NHS or council jobs might lose some of their cushy benefits like quite good pay, fantastically generous pensions, short working weeks, better than average holiday entitlements, easy access to early retirement on dubious health grounds and lots of lovely 'sick' leave which useless management fails to control.

You must have had a pretty good team around you to manage to canvass opinion from MOST of the 50,000 that were estimated to be there.

urmston said:
Most of the marchers are not worried about austerity for the poor and the unemployed.

They are worried that their own NHS or council jobs might lose some of their cushy benefits like quite good pay, fantastically generous pensions, short working weeks, better than average holiday entitlements, easy access to early retirement on dubious health grounds and lots of lovely 'sick' leave which useless management fails to control.

The NHS being described as having good pay, cushy benefits, and short working weeks isn't the NHS I recognise.

totallywired said:
Just got back home having been on the march, a great turnout. This is what makes our city great, the history of radicalism and acceptance of people from around the world is part of Manchesters heritage. It was great to be able to argue face to face with tory scum trying to sneek past. The youg tory scum are just inbred clones of each other, greased back hair abd big fat lips, horrible bastards. Then the purple rinse and aold colonel types!! at least there is the comfort of knowing they will soon be in the grave.
THEY SAY CUT BACK! WE SAY FIGHTBACK!
You make a great point about heritage Totally Wired ('can't ye see!') - sorry - It's just a shame our Stalinist council piss all over it.

SWP's back said:
union city blue said:
SWP's back said:
You sound a delight. Chav.

-- Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:44 pm --

Bring it woman. I'll slap you all the way down Oxford Road you keyboard warrior (and layabout).

Keyboard warrior?? You're the one issuing threats from the safety of your bedroom.

Haven't you got financial packages to sort for your high-earning clients? Financial sector parasite that creates nothing and contributes nothing.

On a Sunday? No. I don't like to work more than 10-15 hours a week. (That includes the commute)

And you say they create and contribute nothing, but all I do is smile at your ignorance poppet.

You see, I was about to post some stats on the economic impact of the financial sector, and how despite our car manufacturing industry falling apart due to striking over the price of a tea bag in the 70's, the FS got on with it and is still a world leader, but then I thought "why post a colourful graph, he'll only lick his screen to taste the colours?"

brilliant

garymj said:
Tin hat on , but why do people on here keep calling tory voters or whatever, scum, and wish for them to be dead. Some of my closest friends are tory voters, hard working high tax payers,who make there contribution to the country, and are certainly not scum as far as I know.
I think it it the tory party & not the voters that are refered to as scum

mekonmcfc said:
SWP's back said:
union city blue said:
Keyboard warrior?? You're the one issuing threats from the safety of your bedroom.

Haven't you got financial packages to sort for your high-earning clients? Financial sector parasite that creates nothing and contributes nothing.

On a Sunday? No. I don't like to work more than 10-15 hours a week. (That includes the commute)

And you say they create and contribute nothing, but all I do is smile at your ignorance poppet.

You see, I was about to post some stats on the economic impact of the financial sector, and how despite our car manufacturing industry falling apart due to striking over the price of a tea bag in the 70's, the FS got on with it and is still a world leader, but then I thought "why post a colourful graph, he'll only lick his screen to taste the colours?"

brilliant
15 hours a week. Now thats what i call work shy.

I would love to make some cuts in the NHS..........firstly getting rid of all these middle managers, quangos and the like who spend the majority of their time in meetings or arranging meetings. Can you imagine how many front line staff you would be able to employ?
I know quite a few people who marched and demonstrated and when asked why they replied it was to bring down the government and safeguard their jobs........all worked for local government!!
Are we heading for more demos and a winter of discontentment??

Quite liked the Tory Mp's description of the protesters as "just the usual types with too much time on their hands and nothing better to do".

Then I realised he wasn't talking about those two Colonel Blimps.

I worked for the NHS on a 6 month contract.

I quit after 3 weeks. Just a bunch of self serving bunch of lazy whose management was borderline criminal.

This was for a PCT ICT department.

Now every time I see these demonstrations I can't help but think that there but for the grace of god, go I.

Bluedancer said:
I would love to make some cuts in the NHS..........firstly getting rid of all these middle managers, quangos and the like who spend the majority of their time in meetings or arranging meetings. Can you imagine how many front line staff you would be able to employ?
I know quite a few people who marched and demonstrated and when asked why they replied it was to bring down the government and safeguard their jobs........all worked for local government!!
Are we heading for more demos and a winter of discontentment??

This and..

Stanley said:
I worked for the NHS on a 6 month contract.

I quit after 3 weeks. Just a bunch of self serving bunch of lazy whose management was borderline criminal.

This was for a PCT ICT department.

Now every time I see these demonstrations I can't help but think that there but for the grace of god, go I.

this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.