Nick Faldo

Monty has done fuck all for the best part of 2 years and Faldo was right not to select him. I think Monty has the ability to play in another Ryder Cup if he wants to but he has to start playing well again. Clarke on the other hand was unlucky but like Monty he hasn't done a lot since his wife passed away his form has been poor but was looking like he was coming into a bit of form. Poulter deserved to get a wildcard pick played well this year.

leighton said:
Monty has done fuck all for the best part of 2 years and Faldo was right not to select him. I think Monty has the ability to play in another Ryder Cup if he wants to but he has to start playing well again. Clarke on the other hand was unlucky but like Monty he hasn't done a lot since his wife passed away his form has been poor but was looking like he was coming into a bit of form. Poulter deserved to get a wildcard pick played well this year.

Clarke has won twice on the European Tour in the last six months. Faldo said he would be picking winners.

Poulter on the other hand hasn't broken 67 this year and only shot 3 68s. If it wasn't for his second place in the Open Poulter would be close to losing his US card. Poulter missed the last two cuts before Faldo's pick...Clarke won and made the cut.

Faldo has made a mistake in my opinion...only time will tell.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
leighton said:

Clarke has won twice on the European Tour in the last six months. Faldo said he would be picking winners.

Poulter on the other hand hasn't broken 67 this year and only shot 3 68s. If it wasn't for his second place in the Open Poulter would be close to losing his US card (he'd be 127th actually and out of the qualification places). Poulter missed the last two cuts before Faldo's pick...Clarke won and made the cut.

Faldo has made a mistake in my opinion...only time will tell.

May I say that since a lot of the Europeans play on the PGA tour over here (not sure if that is vise versa) that I think this is kind of ridicules anyway.

Oh, and the US not having the trophy for 12 years has nothing to do with the above. :)

Legend. One of my top 3 all time heroes. We'll beat America comfortably. Europe at 10/11 is the bet of the year.

jay_mcfc said:
Legend. One of my top 3 all time heroes. We'll beat America comfortably. Europe at 10/11 is the bet of the year.

It'll be a piss take should Europe win with a twat like Faldo captaining.

i had the mis-fortune to see his press conference the other day. Possibly the most boring person i've ever seen on telly.
Some bloke in the paper said that , "In 14 years i've never known Faldo to finish a sentence."

stonerblue said:
i had the mis-fortune to see his press conference the other day. Possibly the most boring person i've ever seen on telly.
Some bloke in the paper said that , "In 14 years i've never known Faldo to finish a sentence."
hahaha!!! I agree he isnt a very charismatic person.... and man, he cant even joke... i still dont see how he can pick poulter tho... there are plenty out there who deserved that place more... But prove me wrong you emotional player... COME ON EUROPE!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.