Nicolas Otamendi - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of Eric Liddell running in Chariots of Fire:

48ae8c26276d1e2298a0eeedc595436e.jpg

Slow motion shots.
Hahahaha I thought exactly the same againstbthe rags the other night when he was chasing rashford. Heed right the way back.

In the same way Yaya who is over 6ft tall yet manages to jump 5ft, Otamendi has this knack of actually going backwards whilst being at full speed.

Look not every player has pace to burn and many of the best defenders ever have not been the quickest but you then have to have the brains and positional sense to compensate and sadly he doesnt.

Lol. Some of you have been in hibernation for a while. Been holding that "Otamendi sucks" scream in for a while haven't you?

He had an average game been outrun by the fastest guy in the league and a fresh leg off the bench.

So yeah lets deem him unfit after 5 stellar performances prior to the average one today.

Surely, a guy who is good in 5 of his 6 performances isn't good enough.

Thought Pep was the problem today, not Otamendi. Thank God they didn't start with the human dribbling machine. We'd have had more trouble.

Btw: So iS Kompany not making him play well anymore?

Your love for Otamendi has clearly blinded you. What 5 stellar performances are you talking about?

Vs United- Rashford toasted him on several occasions, wouldn't exactly call his performance stellar. At Wembley vs Arsenal- Average and had a terrible howler where we were lucky not to concede but you probably forgot about that. He was great at Southampton though.

Otamendi is not good enough. I don't care what the stats say and if he is the best header of the ball in the league or whatever. He is just too inconsistent. Has had some truly shocking performances this season as well as great ones. You will realize he's not good enough next season when you see him either sold or given a back up role.

Your love for Otamendi has clearly blinded you. What 5 stellar performances are you talking about?

Vs United- Rashford toasted him on several occasions, wouldn't exactly call his performance stellar. At Wembley vs Arsenal- Average and had a terrible howler where we were lucky not to concede but you probably forgot about that. He was great at Southampton though.

Otamendi is not good enough. I don't care what the stats say and if he is the best header of the ball in the league or whatever. He is just too inconsistent. Has had some truly shocking performances this season as well as great ones. You will realize he's not good enough next season when you see him either sold or given a back up role.
I'm too tired to point out every fallacy. I don't love Otamendi. Think he is fine. My railings here is not in support of Otamendi, rather its against the biased nature of perceiving one player vis a vis the others.

I'm too tired to point out every fallacy. I don't love Otamendi. Think he is fine. My railings here is not in support of Otamendi, rather its against the biased nature of perceiving one player vis a vis the others.

Exactly this. For those expecting Otamendi to be sold and/or have a major role reduction next year then I think you'll be disappointed. Pep seems to see things that you don't and likes his skill set. He even recently praised him by stating how much he loves his passing. If the rumors of Sandro/Walker are true then that's ~90m with ~200m to spend...good luck getting another CB in. Personally, I don't see it. I don't think Vinnie is going anywhere either.

Exactly this. For those expecting Otamendi to be sold and/or have a major role reduction next year then I think you'll be disappointed. Pep seems to see things that you don't and likes his skill set. He even recently praised him by stating how much he loves his passing. If the rumors of Sandro/Walker are true then that's ~90m with ~200m to spend...good luck getting another CB in. Personally, I don't see it. I don't think Vinnie is going anywhere either.

I think he said he was happy with how much his passing had improved, and it has, but it's still not incredible.

The problem is that I was just starting to think he'd turned a corner, seemed to be playing with his head, and then he goes and has a shitter against Boro, the most limited attacking team in the country. And it makes you wonder if he'll ever be reliable enough to trust, or if the next clanger is just around the corner. At 29 years old that's something you'd expect him to be long past by now.

Don't think he'll be sold, do think he'll be used less and less if Kompany stays fit or a replacement is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.