no more pitch invasions

Skashion said:
I thought we were putting in extra rows on the bottom tier and the pitch being lowered to increase capacity so that was the reason. I hope that's the actual reason.

If this is true it's an absolute joke because the club constantly use imagery of the passion and excitement our pitch invasions to make the club seem enticing to new fans.

I doubt the club would put in an extra row or 2 with a fence to stop the fans getting on the pitch as im sure they could have put them wembley style fences in no problem without extra rows.

To be honest, if we wanted to pitch invade them fence things wouldn't really stop thousands of fans!

Good I am glad. It's small time and for those who want to see the players it's annoying to see idiots skidding on the grass having been asked 5 or 6 times to leave the pitch. Go to Exeter City and the like if you want to run on the pitch.

manchester blue said:
Good I am glad. It's small time and for those who want to see the players it's annoying to see idiots skidding on the grass having been asked 5 or 6 times to leave the pitch. Go to Exeter City and the like if you want to run on the pitch.

black-and-white-epression-heaven-miserable-quote-Favim.com-159106.jpg

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Well if 7/8ft fences with spikes on top didnt use to stop us, I dont see how these will.

219p2xh.jpg

just use them like a spring. jump from the 3rd row on to the step and then straight on to the pitch

They do look a bit easy to get over
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/images/city/barriers.jpg[/bigimg]

johnnytapia said:
What a pain it must be - all those delirious fans spilling onto the pitch to celebrate with unalloyed joy, the winning of the league. How much better to have it all cordoned off and we all dance, in tune, arms aloft, foam hands clapping in unison from afar. The masses shall be told what to do. And you will do it.

Good call mate :)

What an expense to prevent joyful uncontrolled celebrations of success !

Yes pitch supposedly being dropped 5 foot end of season for extra seating, could this be part of the prep....

Or perhaps it is preparation for a shark infested moat, jump in if you dare... Cant wait to see the city speedos for sale at the club shop with the city crest right where your nuts go !

DiscoSteve said:
They do look a bit easy to get over
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/images/city/barriers.jpg[/bigimg]
That's not going to stop anyone who wants to celebrate a title win. A little obstacle, but no more

Isn't there some rule that says the front few rows have to become disused for Champions League games, the space to be used for advertising boards? I seem to recall this being the case at the swamp in the days when they qualified for the thing.

The new advertising boards at Pitch level are bigger CL size. There is now a slope from just beyond the linesman's running line to the bottom of the adversing boards so they won't obscure the view from the front three rows behind them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.