"No wonder this country is f**ked"

Just because our country isn't an absolute shithole, it doesn't mean it can't be improved,and we should be seeking to improve.

Although our GDP is 6th or 7th in the world, per capital it is nearer 30, no great shakes. The per capita figure is the one that really matters.

Our public services are underfunded and piss poor compared to those in (for example) Scandinavia.
who just happen to have a higher than average suicide rate.

It was always the rule with me and my mates, never talk about politics. Everything else is fair game. If I sat in an office all day and someone started to talk about politics they would have a staple in their forehead. Repeatedly.
I talk about it in work with my office partner, but when I’m out with the lads we have the rule of 3 we don’t talk about:
Work
Politics
Religion

Anyone starts talking about any of these and they get called a boring **** and ignored.

We talk about them so little, there are lads I’ve known for 20 years and I couldn’t tell you what they do for a living.

I can only assume that those on this thread who think our country is fucked haven't been to that many other countries for an extended period of time.

I've been all over the world and there's very few places I'd prefer to live than here. Out of all the places I've been, Germany and Canada would probably be the only two I'd consider living in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.