Noel Galllagher at Wythenshawe Park

I vowed never to see Oasis or their individual members again after experiencing their pots of piss throwing fans at the Etihad in 2005.
However, wouldn't have minded watching Primal Scream & Future Islands.

I was there with my daughter. 6 pound 50 for a luke warm can of San Miguel. I got there just as he was coming on stage. Jibbed in the VIP section only to find you couldn't see any of the gig from there, so just used it for getting drinks and the bogs. Tbh, everybody was just walking in the VIP towards the end. The two young Asian stewards didn't really care. The actually concert was good, Noel was on form. Just one thing, they kept on showing Peps cardboard cutout and I could of swore I seen the City scarf change colour to green n gold.. or was it just the luke warm San Miguel.

I went, yeah. Couldn’t not really, it was literally at the end of my road.

It was better than expected. I’m not really into his solo stuff (the ones I am he didn’t play) but the songs sounded better live than on album and he played Oasis stuff for the second half of the gig, including ‘Going Nowhere’ (B-side to ‘Stand By Me’) which was great to hear live for the first time ever.

He mentioned City a few times, kept pointing to a cardboard cut-out of Pep that he had on stage with him looking like an member of the band, said Pep was a God, had the usual City badge on stage and after he’d left the stage he had the Mavericks’ version of ‘Blue Moon’ playing over the speakers as everyone left the park and loads of Blues singing that and a load of other chants as they left.

Great night for any City fan.

I don’t love big outdoor gigs though. You can never hear the songs/instruments properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
One funny bit was when he said, ‘this one’s for Andy Burnham’ and he played ‘The Importance of Bring Idle’. Afterwhich he said he didn’t actually mean to dedicate that one to him.

I went, it was decent. He had a life size cardboard cut out of Pep on stage and also dedicated ‘Going Nowhere’ to Man United.
Ah yes he did, I forgot he said that.

I think his words were, ‘this one’s called ‘Going Nowhere’, just like Man United, because they’re fucking shit… and to those booing, you fucking know it!’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.