non-obvious City players you DID like

tonycoleman said:
Who was that german with the italian name who was signed by horton - he was class
+

michael hughes
ali benarbia
paul bosvelt
tony scully
harry dowd (who i saw in the audience of mrs merton)

and of course tony coleman

and definitely not martin buster phillips or barry silkman

Maurizio Maurizio Maurizio Gaudino to the tune of christams tree.

Top player, was gutted when he didnt sign until the Georgian genius turned up

Nicolas Anelka loved the guy pure quality met him & Distin at Trafford Centre just after we left Maine Road both had time for me & my son

I don't know if this is obvious or not but...

Richard Edgehill - Such a longstanding serviceman of MCFC. I never really got to see him play with the footballing eyes I have now, but I always liked him because his was a name I always recognised through the years, no matter who came and went.

Mark Kennedy had great delivery from the wing and had a good shot on him.He was one of the only exciting players in tougher times.Terry phelan was a decent player and kevin horlock

Keith Curle because he tried to strangle a Coventry player on his debut.

Terry Phelan because he alledgedly battered a rag in a hotel in Salford then started hitting his head on the carpeted floor while singing 'Peter Reids Blue & White Army' after the rag tried to take the piss.

John Gidman, because after he'd fouled someone, he always tried to boot the ball at their head.

Peter Beagrie, maybe not too un-obvious but I remember him doing this little flick over a defender who was trying to take him out, brilliant. If anyone can remember the game, or even better has a youtube link... awesome piece of skill.

I also liked Gary Mason, thought he was a decent talent, a little light weight maybe.

Kare Ingebrigsten and Alfons Groenedijk. Thought Alfons was a class passing player who never played enough for us (probably because he couldn't handle the physical side?), and Kare was terrible for us apart from that hat-trick (Leicester n the cup??). In that game he displayed pace, skill, finishing, tenacity... don't know where it was the rest of the time though.

David Oldfield. For an Aussie signed from Luton I have very low expectation, but be was our second division version of David Platt, scoring with late runs and lucky bounces.

I've never, ever understood why so may blues give Silvain Distin shit and abuse when he comes back here.
He was an excellent player for us and a good captain. He honoured his contract and when it ran out, he wanted to see what we had to offer. But we were in absolute fucking disarray, without a manager, chairman or owner. Hell, if I was in his place at the time, even I would have gone elsewhere.
Contrast that with David James, who was blatantly tapped by Redknapp and broke his contract to demand a transfer for the money, making up a cock and bull story about wanting to be closer to his estranged family.
Yet James was always treated as a returning hero, while Distin got the sort of reception normality reserved for a recently released paedophile moving into a flat on a sink estate. No wonder Distin eventually turned against us, having initially been respectful, applauding the fans etc.
Never, ever understood this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.