North Stand Expansion

Rather we don’t expand for now. I’d like to see us sell out week in week out (at least on weekends) before we dilute the attendance any further.

Smaller packed out stands are better than large stands pocked with empties.

We’ll get there - just rather we wait until that happens. Pre-emptive expansion makes little sense.
I disagree. With the 10,000 applications (with about 9,500 of them left disappointed) the club had for the £250 season tickets in SSL3 when it first opened, if we priced a new proper vocal stand properly, we’d piss the selling out part of it.

I know loads of Blues who’d come back to our support if City said “all season tickets in this new stand are capped at £350 with individual matchday tickets capped at £35 for ten years” that would be the most attended stand in the stadium. You could build it for 16,500 and it’d be no problem to fill.

You only have to see when away fans return Level 3 tickets and they go on sale to City fans at the away price of £30 and see how they’re snapped up, to see what our fanbase is all about.

The execs at our club have failed to understand our fanbase throughout their time here. But it’s glaringly obvious so I’ve no idea how they’re missing it.

I disagree. With the 10,000 applications (with about 9,500 of them left disappointed) the club had for the £250 season tickets in SSL3 when it first opened, if we priced a new proper vocal stand properly, we’d piss the selling out part of it.

I know loads of Blues who’d come back to our support if City said “all season tickets in this new stand are capped at £350 with individual matchday tickets capped at £35 for ten years” that would be the most attended stand in the stadium. You could build it for 16,500 and it’d be no problem to fill.

You only have to see when away fans return Level 3 tickets and they go on sale to City fans at the away price of £30 and see how they’re snapped up, to see what our fanbase is all about.

The execs at our club have failed to understand our fanbase throughout their time here. But it’s glaringly obvious so I’ve no idea how they’re missing it.
Thing is though mate they would after offer those cheap season tickets in a new stand to existing Season Card holders first. That take up could be huge.

We don’t have the plastics like United and Liverpool have. Even Arsenal are suffering from empty seats at the Emirates. Only United and Liverpool can fill their stadiums for most home games. A few empty seats have started to appear at United of late.

What we do have is a solid and expanding hardcore of fans. The vast majority are low to middle income working class fans, with a small percentage of wealthy fans. We’ve also got a slowly growing fan base from outside Manchester. This is evident in PL games, and more so in CL games. We also get a lot of football tourists coming to watch City at weekend home matches

But we’ve lost a lot of local fans through season ticket and match day ticket price increases over the years (here jrb goes again), and through forced relocations inside the stadium on different occasions and throughout the years to make way for new corporate areas and seating. We need to get those fans back for a start. And also attract new local City fans with more cheaper season ticket and match day ticket prices. The games in the early rounds of the Carabao Cup, FA Cup, and CL group stages prove cheaper tickets do attract more local fans. Over the last few seasons we have had 50,000+ attendances for early round FA Cup games.

If the club expands the North Stand it has to somehow balance match day income with cheaper season tickets and match day tickets in an effort to attract those City fans that have walked away and City fans who are desperate to watch City, but are priced out at current season ticket and match day ticket prices. If City did that they could fill an expanded North Stand and a 60,000 capacity Etihad.
Spot on

Spot on. Surely for the benefit of atmosphere and to help the hospitality become more attractive they should do a single tier (with a proper sound retaining roof) and make it as cheap as possible.

The missing fans, once in the ground, would spend on booze and food and make good revenue for the club.

But it feels like they'd rather milk what they have at the expense of a full stadium.

This must be the first thing fan groups say to the club, but nothing has changed.

10,000 x 350 is 3.5m. 5000 x 700 is the same.... and I'm not convinced the club will deliver what we want from this stand.

With the continued increase in corporate areas, maybe the club are trying to offset/subsidise such a scheme that would allow cheap season tickets in a redeveloped NS. We aren’t just gonna whack a few thousand seats in & have done with it, I believe the club are looking at real innovation for this stand, it’s gonna be all things to all people, a beating heart for the fans, a futuristic Kippax

Again....spot on

With the continued increase in corporate areas, maybe the club are trying to offset/subsidise such a scheme that would allow cheap season tickets in a redeveloped NS. We aren’t just gonna whack a few thousand seats in & have done with it, I believe the club are looking at real innovation for this stand, it’s gonna be all things to all people, a beating heart for the fans, a futuristic Kippax
Sounds good to me

Building a split North Stand regardless of the lower or upper tier being bigger is pointless. It’s a bigger variation (either way) of what we‘ve already got. It will be like the Stretford End. It has to be a single tier like Dortmund, Spurs, Everton’s new ground, the KOP(spit), etc.

If you polled City fans almost the majority would vote for and want a large single tier North Stand.

View attachment 43100

I actually don't really care, make it a kop or make it symeteical to the south stand, as long as they sort out what it is for families of as anotger vocal end that stays till the end unlike now

single tier like the spurs stadium would be epic! This should be done asap and look long term with the season ticket prices, match day ticket prices and get 65,000 in the Etihad every other week and start building the fan base us again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.