North Stand Expansion

A lot of good comments regarding the stand name, the new stand name needs to be iconic when you say Dortmund people think of the Yellow Wall, when you say Liverpool the Kop. The stand needs an iconic name as there is a lot of history tied into that end of the ground.

Amazing video from Manchester City should be blasted around the stadium before the games

Just remember we are all equal in name

Last edited:
136246/FO/2023 | Full planning permission is sought for public realm improvements, landscaping and heritage improvement works to the Roman Gardens in the Castlefield area of Manchester City Centre, including a new Roman pedestrian route to the Centurion stand|Roman Gardens Castlefield Manchester

Getting 100 points was a great crowning achievement for a wonderful side, certainly something to be proud of.

Calling them the Centurions is a cringy marketing nonsense

Calling the extended North Stand the Centurions End would be one of the most pathetic things we could name it.

Hope this helps.

What would you call it?

What would you call it?

Anything related to the History of the club, Ardwick, St Marks, Maine Rd, Kippax. The geography of the area Ancoats, Bradford Rd.

If Pep carries on and wins a few more leagues and CL or 2 there would be a heavy argument for naming it after him.

They ran a poll about the badge redesign and the naming of the Colin Bell stand so be surprised if they don't do it on this.

in-fact i’d rather it stay the North Stand than the fucking Centurions. It’s the type of nonsense stuff you see on novelty scarfs and tshirts outside the ground from street vendors.

What would you call it?

You keep on asking people that question who don’t like the Centurion name.

What would you call it?

There have been numerous names posted. I’m sure you remember the better ones.

There will never be total agreement on any one name as there are so many names to choose from, for so many reasons.

If Burton’s information is correct, which I’m not doubting, the club have already taken the decision to the name the stand, regardless if the fans like the name or not.

We all know Danny Wilson is a decent guy. And as rule he’s always honest and open with the fans, as much has he can be. The next time any of you bump into him, ask him if the stand is going to be called the Centurion stand, he might confirm it? (might)

Anything related to the History of the club, Ardwick, St Marks, Maine Rd, Kippax. The geography of the area Ancoats, Bradford Rd.

If Pep carries on and wins a few more leagues and CL or 2 there would be a heavy argument for naming it after him.

They ran a poll about the badge redesign and the naming of the Colin Bell stand so be surprised if they don't do it on this.

in-fact i’d rather it stay the North Stand than the fucking Centurions. It’s the type of nonsense stuff you see on novelty scarfs and tshirts outside the ground from street vendors.

+1.

You keep on asking people that question who don’t like the Centurion name.

What would you call it?

I genuinely don’t see any name as being better or worse than any other unless it’s something ridiculous or unrealistic like ‘The Alan Ball Stand’.

If it’s Kippax, Centurion, Trautmann, Aguero or whatever then I’d see no reason to be up in arms, borderline offended or outraged.

Many names can sound strange at first but eventually they just stick and everyone gets on with their lives and forgets about it.

This! St Marks Stand is a great name imo. It will get all those who don't know anything about the history of City looking into it and remind the whole footballing world that we were formed over 143 years ago and have a long and distinguished history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.