North Stand Expansion

Does the North Stand and campus developments alter plans for any future wrap around the stadium itself?

I seem to remember talk of the spirals being eventually inside the stadium.
Some time ago I was shown plans/ CGIs of the final plan for the current stadium.

They showed the CB & E stands extended upward and outward to encompass the spirals.

The corners were included to create a high level roof bowl.

The rake of CB & E stands is increased to a capacity of a minimum of 75000.

The increase in internal volume through huge concourse space provides further opportunities for corporate lounges/boxes.

Finally, the stadium 'wrap' was a 'luminous' work of art and included eccology/climate friendly living walls.

When completed it will be a very special stadium and campus.

Some time ago I was shown plans/ CGIs of the final plan for the current stadium.

They showed the CB & E stands extended upward and outward to encompass the spirals.

The corners were included to create a high level roof bowl.

The rake of CB & E stands is increased to a capacity of a minimum of 75000.

The increase in internal volume through huge concourse space provides further opportunities for corporate lounges/boxes.

Finally, the stadium 'wrap' was a 'luminous' work of art and included eccology/climate friendly living walls.

When completed it will be a very special stadium and campus.

With the complexity of all that and the price needed, as good as the concept you would have seen might sound, I would question whether it would happen.

With the complexity of all that and the price needed, as good as the concept you would have seen might sound, I would question whether it would happen.

Now they’ve pioneered a method for removing the stays, it could change the plans. If they use the same method as the North Stand, then the existing 3rd tier on each side could be extended further back without the problem of the towers. This would still allow them to increase the concourse size below.

If they did both sides at the same time (which I’d doubt) then they could also do away with the cable-net completely.

I'm 73.

I may be an old man or a dead one, but don't underestimate our owners capacity, ambition and long term planning for statement buildings in their key markets.

Some will have to 'pay for themselves', others will be symbolic.

I DO NOT have any futher insight !!

Have you seen the new Sheikh Zayed airport, The Grand Mosque or the Zayed Museum ?.

It's how they get it done without closing the stands for a period of time, perhaps even a season. I'm not sure they'd make the move to relocate for a year as Real, Barca and Spurs did. Maybe it's something they'll do if the logistics work, but I would imagine we're a long way off them pressing the button on that and it will depend how far behind other European teams we are when it comes to revenues.

It's how they get it done without closing the stands for a period of time, perhaps even a season. I'm not sure they'd make the move to relocate for a year as Real, Barca and Spurs did. Maybe it's something they'll do if the logistics work, but I would imagine we're a long way off them pressing the button on that and it will depend how far behind other European teams we are when it comes to revenues.

I hope never to see a wrap. Just me. The extensions and increases, sure if they can do them.

Given so many are unconvinced they can fill an additional 8000 seats, I think it is premature.

I'm 73.

I may be an old man or a dead one, but don't underestimate our owners capacity, ambition and long term planning for statement buildings in their key markets.

Have you seen the new Sheikh Zayed airport, The Grand Mosque or the Zayed Museum ?.

Yes, seen them. Yes I understand the levels of ambition they can have. I also understand practicality and constraints in construction.

But lets share your positivity in fairness, who knows. Time will tell, and I will stay open to it all. But as you say, could be some time away, one to watch long long term.

I'm 73.

Similar just speaking as an foc fan I imagine if they did anymore they would put hotels on the back of the East and CB stands with hospitality above the third tier to make it worthwhile. Might have to relocate the athletics track as its really in a prime spot there. Somewhere near the velodrome maybe?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.