North Stand Expansion

That’s the problem. Nobody is riled about it.

Nobody is arsed. The Liverpool game had scousers all round the stadium for a game sold out in August for City supporters that you needed a history of purchases to buy a ticket for.

Except of course for those spending £250 on a ticket a seasonticket holder has sold back then the club - which City ( or the agencies they use ) don’t give a fuck who they sell it to.

Then Spurs another game sold out months in advance for home supporters yet a fucking Australian school can bag as many tickets as they want.

We are being positioned as the tourist club of the Premier League and nobody is arsed.
You seem riled up about it though.

I suppose it depends on how this school got the tickets and why. For kids, in some of the worst seats, I don’t have too much of a problem. But I do agree with your concerns about how the club sell matchday tickets and season tickets too. I reckon all clubs are trying to maximise their income in all areas otherwise they risk falling foul of the daft FFP rules like Everton just have. Plus Manchester is becoming more of a tourist destination, and the club are exploiting that. Not sure we can stop that now.
No other top English club would allow it to the levels City have.

They have killed the atmosphere dead this season. Last season it was staring to improve a bit but this season in my opinion it’s fucked.

It’s a dangerous road to go down.

Agree about maximising revenue - but at what cost. The lack of atmosphere cost us in the LFC and Spurs games.

And some on here were thinking that the new stand would be for an atmospheric one end ‘blue wall’ - when we all know it’s gonna be for tourists paying £250 a ticket to sit in a neutral stand.

My wife and I had to cancel our trip up for the Spurs game because of a last-minute problem with the accommodation we’d booked. As it turned out, this might not have been a bad thing because of the bad weather (our’s is a 400 mile round trip across the wilds of Wales). Anyway, our tickets had sold on TE within a few hour so, presumably, our seats were occupied for the game. Over the past couple of years when we’ve had to cancel there’s never been a problem selling our tickets and there’s no reason to suppose that others who put their tickets on TE have a problem either, so if there were empty seats on Sunday (personally, I didn’t notice them on tv), it must have been due to the absence of supporters who cancelled too late to put their tickets up for sale or simply chose not to. I can’t see any reason to blame the club in all of this.

On groups of school kids at the game, our seats are close to the top of East Stand Level 3: great view but atmosphere intermittent. The previous two seasons there were lots of school parties close to us: sometimes on the same row. Frankly, they were often an irritant, continually getting up to buy food and drink and creating minor distractions in various ways. Having said this, a lot of the kids seemed genuinely engaged with the game and were clearly supporting City. Anyway, I got talking to one of the teachers who had accompanied the kids who told me that they came from a deprived area in Scotland and were there thanks to a PL initiative. The kids didn’t get the tickets for free - the cost of the trip for them was around £90, though I guess there may have been some financial support from various sources. Must admit that the conversation changed my attitude to the presence of these groups, realising this was probably one of the few chances they’d get to attend a top-level game at a great stadium like ours. Who knows, the experience might lead some of them to be committed City fans of the future.

My wife and I had to cancel our trip up for the Spurs game because of a last-minute problem with the accommodation we’d booked. As it turned out, this might not have been a bad thing because of the bad weather (our’s is a 400 mile round trip across the wilds of Wales). Anyway, our tickets had sold on TE within a few hour so, presumably, our seats were occupied for the game. Over the past couple of years when we’ve had to cancel there’s never been a problem selling our tickets and there’s no reason to suppose that others who put their tickets on TE have a problem either, so if there were empty seats on Sunday (personally, I didn’t notice them on tv), it must have been due to the absence of supporters who cancelled too late to put their tickets up for sale or simply chose not to. I can’t see any reason to blame the club in all of this.

On groups of school kids at the game, our seats are close to the top of East Stand Level 3: great view but atmosphere intermittent. The previous two seasons there were lots of school parties close to us: sometimes on the same row. Frankly, they were often an irritant, continually getting up to buy food and drink and creating minor distractions in various ways. Having said this, a lot of the kids seemed genuinely engaged with the game and were clearly supporting City. Anyway, I got talking to one of the teachers who had accompanied the kids who told me that they came from a deprived area in Scotland and were there thanks to a PL initiative. The kids didn’t get the tickets for free - the cost of the trip for them was around £90, though I guess there may have been some financial support from various sources. Must admit that the conversation changed my attitude to the presence of these groups, realising this was probably one of the few chances they’d get to attend a top-level game at a great stadium like ours. Who knows, the experience might lead some of them to be committed City fans of the future.
Most Ticket Exchange tickets returned by seasoncard holders for top 6 games aren’t going up for sale to City supporters - they are getting dished out to International Agencies to be sold to whoever wants them for £250+ each. Like the couple of LFC fans from the Far East that bought the 2 x tickets that the bloke that sits in front of me sold for the Liverpool game.

It’s why the club guarantee to pay full price to the seasoncard holder regardless.

The empty seats on Sunday will be returns from the agencies. I suppose City arent arsed about a few returns when they are getting £250+ On the ones they do sell

No other top English club would allow it to the levels City have.

They have killed the atmosphere dead this season. Last season it was staring to improve a bit but this season in my opinion it’s fucked.

It’s a dangerous road to go down.

Agree about maximising revenue - but at what cost. The lack of atmosphere cost us in the LFC and Spurs games.

And some on here were thinking that the new stand would be for an atmospheric one end ‘blue wall’ - when we all know it’s gonna be for tourists paying £250 a ticket to sit in a neutral stand.
‘The lack of atmosphere cost us in the LFC and Spurs games’

Absolutely spot on. We would have gone on to win these games in previous seasons IMO.

It occurs to me: Will the north stand be the only place in England where a stadium is open to the outside/double sided?

Most Ticket Exchange tickets returned by seasoncard holders for top 6 games aren’t going up for sale to City supporters - they are getting dished out to International Agencies to be sold to whoever wants them for £250+ each. Like the couple of LFC fans from the Far East that bought the 2 x tickets that the bloke that sits in front of me sold for the Liverpool game.

It’s why the club guarantee to pay full price to the seasoncard holder regardless.

The empty seats on Sunday will be returns from the agencies. I suppose City arent arsed about a few returns when they are getting £250+ On the ones they do sell
Not true, as the game approaches I get alerts for seats available to match day members from returned tickets

Not true, as the game approaches I get alerts for seats available to match day members from returned tickets
That’s reassuring to know - I was beginning to feel quite guilty about placing our seats on TE when we can’t make it ourselves! Personally, I’m sceptical about the notion that the club have a calculated strategy of offloading seats returned through TE to ‘International Agencies’, even though the idea seems to have gained traction on this thread and elsewhere. Matchday revenue is a relatively small proportion of City’s total income and, while any growth in revenue will be welcomed by the club, the extra income gained from this source would appear to be negligible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.