North Stand Expansion

Last night showed what our home support could be like with an 8000 capacity safe standing NSL2.

I hope Soriano, de Vries, Danny Wilson and the other directors look at the seating/safe standing plans/layout again for NSL2 and put a better match day atmosphere alongside increased match day revenue.

Last night showed what our home support could be like with an 8000 capacity safe standing NSL2.

I hope Soriano, de Vries, Danny Wilson and the other directors look at the seating/safe standing plans/layout again for NSL2 and put a better match day atmosphere alongside increased match day revenue.
I think you’d more than likely get what Spurs home end offered. Don’t forget our 9000 travelling fans were likely sat with mates, on the piss all day and not taking the game for granted.

I can’t imagine a home end would be anything like our away end except for big games. It is an exciting prospect I just think we need to be realistic about what the reality of most games would be.

2023-12-17-074-Liverpool_Man_Utd-600x400.jpg

Corporate section and front of 2nd tier unfinished as yet, but same idea we may use.

I think you’d more than likely get what Spurs home end offered. Don’t forget our 9000 travelling fans were likely sat with mates, on the piss all day and not taking the game for granted.

I can’t imagine a home end would be anything like our away end except for big games. It is an exciting prospect I just think we need to be realistic about what the reality of most games would be.

That’s a valid point. But if there is a large enough nucleus of singing City fans ‘stood together’ in NSL2 they will get the other City fans in NSL2 singing. If there are small pockets of singing City fans scattered all over NSL2 they won’t have a similar effect.

Last edited:
That’s a valid point. But if there is a large enough nucleus of singing City fans ‘stood together’ in NSL2 they will get the other City fans in NSL2 singing. If there are small pockets of singing City fans scattered all over NSL2 they won’t they won’t have a similar effect.
Away fans always make the most noise hard to get 7000 in a new stand to have the same atmosphere unless fans move on mass to sit together ! Like to know how City can achieve this unless ticket prices are perhaps made the £30 at all games like away tickets and that wont happen as City have already said they need to increase revenue to compete with others on match days ! If their charging £63 for Burnley can't see it happening!

Away fans always make the most noise hard to get 7000 in a new stand to have the same atmosphere unless fans move on mass to sit together ! Like to know how City can achieve this unless ticket prices are perhaps made the £30 at all games like away tickets and that wont happen as City have already said they need to increase revenue to compete with others on match days ! If their charging £63 for Burnley can't see it happening!

One of many reasons why a singing section in NSL2 is needed.

If the club won’t put a singing section at the front and/or in the centre blocks as they want to make those blocks £? seating, they can put a singing section at the back or further back in NSL2, something similar to the unofficial standing and singing section at the back of SSL3 which has grown organically over the years, or the club can put a singing section in one of the outer blocks that doesn’t effect the centre blocks in NSL2. There are plenty of options for the club to jig the seating plans and/or standing plans so a singing section can be put into NSL2. I’m not going to try and second guess what City are going to do with NSL2 as there are so many options available to City.

The view from the single tier at Spurs. From the City OS. Click to enlarge.

IMG_0311.jpeg

2023-12-17-074-Liverpool_Man_Utd-600x400.jpg

Corporate section and front of 2nd tier unfinished as yet, but same idea we may use.
This is what the North Stand will look like after halftime lol prawn sarny anyone, @jrb is correct in having a home end will create an atmosphere

Ours does not have a corporate section at the front of tier 2. Or anywhere other than the far rear boxes at the very top where the hotel meets the stand.

This is what the North Stand will look like after halftime lol prawn sarny anyone, @jrb is correct in having a home end will create an atmosphere

I don’t think all of those seats are hospitality. I could be wrong about that. The stand still isn’t fully open due to on-going construction work.

Liverpool have told Liverpool fans to stop standing in the new 2nd tier. Liverpool fans have been ejected for persistent standing and arguing with stewards.

Do we want something similar when NSL2 is open? Because if City make NSL2 all seater without any provision for safe standing or a safe standing singing section, that could happen, because 8000 City fans in a ‘vocal home end’ won’t sit in their seats for 90 minutes. That isn‘t going to happen. There isn’t a home end full of vocal fans that does sit in their seats for 90 minutes, so why should City fans be any different or be forced to be any different by the club and their stewards? Hence why City have to be very careful about this. It could turn into an on-going sitting and standing war of attrition between the club,their stewards, and City fans.

Persistent standing notice handed out in Upper Anfield Road tonight via MasonSpence97 on Twitter​

IMG_0313.jpeg

Last edited:

The biggest difference at Spurs was the huge volume of young fans who were fantastic. As an old git I loved it. It was back to the 7Os. We need to get more youngsters into the stadium. Perhaps a huge discount for under 21s would work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.