North Stand Expansion

@LEXSTARproject

Parts of the more recent WATG drawing for the hotel. On seeing it the sails looked a bit deeper than I remembered them.

1000009634.jpg

1000009641.jpg

Looked back at the planning one for the same level, and I'd say they look maybe a third longer.
1000009638.jpg

Not to say either is necessarily fully fixed or decided at this point.

Probably not as big as you would like to see, but still a bit better.

@LEXSTARproject

Parts of the more recent WATG drawing for the hotel. On seeing it the sails looked a bit deeper than I remembered them.

Looked back at the planning one for the same level, and I'd say they look maybe a third longer.

From the planning portal re the sails

1706543582677.png
1706543670985.png

From the planning portal re the sails

View attachment 105651
View attachment 105652

Yes that's the mock-up panel expected on site early April, for that (delayed) condition discharge. I'm sure jrb or Lex/Hello will at some point get photos once it is there. It is the narrow end they are showing. There is also no real detail or finish/colour reference, particularly the horizontal panel which is what to me this hinges on. There have actually been a couple images jrb posted on his other manc thread that show what I mean that I should maybe look up and include here. Presumably we won't see any more detail though, till it is put up for review in a couple months. But will check periodically.

Last edited:
Said jrb to absolutely nobodies surprise :)

Sadly life in the construction industry has passed me by.

But it’s always a pleasure to see cranes dotted on the Manchester’s skyline.

The record number of cranes on the Manchester skyline was 82. Can’t remember the year. I’ll find out.

Credit to Trident Rider - SSC-MCR, who keeps the MCR crane count updated.

We’re currently at 33 cranes, minus additions and minuses since the last crane count was posted on SSC-MCR by Trident Rider. The crane count only includes cranes in the city centre and Salford Quays. Cranes further out aren’t counted. That was agreed on by the forum members.

1706576490280.jpeg

1706576560621.jpeg

@LEXSTARproject

View attachment 105640

View attachment 105639

View attachment 105641

Posted earlier that a few months back somebody posted a picture of the original fins on and next to it another which was supposed to be what they will actually look like and they were certainly deeper !

Posted earlier that a few months back somebody posted a picture of the original fins on and next to it another which was supposed to be what they will actually look like and they were certainly deeper !

Ah, I might have missed that. If you do get the time at some point to find it, might be worth re-posting. It is Lex that has it as a bit of a recurring topic, and posts pictures of other similar projects etc, I'm mostly going off the approval. Not that I have a big issue with it really, agreeing with him aside.

@Coatigan & @Gordyola

Are you find all this information on the planning portal, i ve been looking at the design statement

How shit does this look, it was posted on SSC and it got roasted

1706548376675.png

1706548428837.png
This looks miles better and not add on, its like a insert and gives off a miles better effect like the sails on the club badge of a tall ship with it sails, I have emailed Populas to advise of them of this, when the plans where logdged with MCC this was on the commnets and objections part
1706548753116.png

1706548928521.png
1706549053355.png
My main three issues with the new North Stand are

1. The look of fins on the hotel

2. Getting rid of the GA+ section in the North Stand and making it a proper home our Blue Wall where the atmopshere is generated for the rest of the ground. Replacing the GA+ hopsitality section with a double sided goal line bar that serves the bottom of the North Stand and also City Hall which if done right will be amazing space in the staduim.

3. As a staduim we need to be copying what other staduims are doing look at Spurs new staduim the interior of that staduim is amazing and Everton is going to be amazing as well , they have a double sided goal line bar.

Ah, I might have missed that. If you do get the time at some point to find it, might be worth re-posting. It is Lex that has it as a bit of a recurring topic, and posts pictures of other similar projects etc, I'm mostly going off the approval. Not that I have a big issue with it really, agreeing with him aside.
Will try defo on this title somewhere !

comp-office.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.