North Stand Expansion

Getting information on Liverpool's season tickets and match day tickets breakdowns is quite easy on Google

Apparently Liverpool have 27,000 season ticket holders.

Liverpool fans have hit out at the club’s decision to reduce the number of season tickets allocated for the new Anfield Road Stand expansion.

The stand expansion will mean an extra 7,000 supporters can cram inside Anfield, the development is due for completion in the summer, but fans say they are confused.

In a statement on the club’s website, Liverpool announced the breakdown on the club web site: “1,000 new season tickets, 3,000 general admissions, a new young adults section in the lower tier, most expensive single adult ticket to cost £54 and the cheapest being £30.

City are miles behind the other top 6 clubs on Matchday income.

That’s why I can’t see any new season cards being sold when the new stand opens. They may allow relocations - but no new seasoncards. It’s the only way we will start to catch up on Matchday income.

It’s why they won’t be arsed if people sack off their seasoncards due to the increase. It will just mean more tickets in the pot to sell on a match by match basis.

I'll take your word for it Coatigan. I'm not getting into a 12 round boxing match with you. :-) Last night went the distance with you and Bluesmith.

Ouch, et tu jrbrutus. Honestly though, there is every chance you stayed in ambulant hotel rooms, and not known the difference. Or sat in ambulant seats in the cinema or concert hall, and not known the difference. Or sat next to cunts with conditions. And not known the difference. That is kind of pretty much the intended point. They don't have big arrows pointing at them. The Kop has ambulant seating, in all parts, the ones next to stairs, for example. Doesn't stop them holding up scarves and booing the opposition.

Why would you want the south stand to be used for day trippers? Plenty of space in Colin bell and east. Both ends should be atmosphere focused.

Surely the plan for the new stand should be build on what we have already as opposed to taking people out of the south stand and filling with tourists.
Colin Bell / East Stand corporate, hospitality and premium price seats for 'one off tourists'....maximise revenue from lowest users.

More affordable tickets behind both goals.

BTW....Every away fan at a PL game at the Etihad pays £30.

Price controls can be enforced by the PL for the benefit of away fans but not for GA home fans !!

City are miles behind the other top 6 clubs on Matchday income.

That’s why I can’t see any new season cards being sold when the new stand opens. They may allow relocations - but no new seasoncards. It’s the only way we will start to catch up on Matchday income.

It’s why they won’t be arsed if people sack off their seasoncards due to the increase. It will just mean more tickets in the pot to sell on a match by match basis.

Even the club must know they can’t shift 8000 additional match day tickets. OK, maybe for the 5 big home games a season, but not for the the other 14 home games a season. The club need City fans to commit to the club long-term, not just for a home match when fans are prepared to spend £50, £60 or £70 on a match ticket. Another thing with season tickets, City get the money upfront quicker if people pay in full, which they can bank and make interest off it. Admittedly it’s not a huge amount of money in the grand scheme of things. What’s clear and evident is that most of the big PL clubs with a big tourist and day tripper following are ditching season tickets for match day ticket sales.

Ouch, et tu jrbrutus. Honestly though, there is every chance you stayed in ambulant hotel rooms, and not known the difference. Or sat in ambulant seats in the cinema or concert hall, and not known the difference. Or sat next to cunts with conditions. And not known the difference. That is kind of pretty much the intended point. They don't have big arrows pointing at them. The Kop has ambulant seating, in all parts, the ones next to stairs, for example. Doesn't stop them holding up scarves and booing the opposition.

I probably have. And if I have I wouldn’t have known otherwise. Excuse my ignorance. Saying that, I do stand quietly and respectfully in the disabled section at the back of 115 every now and again, I like the view of the match from there, so I’m aware of how people with disabilities support the team and celebrate goals and a win, which is no different to what able bodied people do, bar being unable celebrate in certain ways due to physical limitations. That aside, they are just as vocal and as passionate as able bodied fans are.

I would imagine that the ideal scenario for city is 30k season ticket holders & 30k + match day/ hospitality to maximise revenue .

Where on NSL2 is safe standing going to be installed?

Where on NSL2 will fans be allowed to stand whislt other fans (want to) sit?

The club won't allow fans to stand across NSL2 whislt other fans want to sit on NSL2. It will be absolute chaos.

The GA+ hospitality section at the front of NSL2 will be seated, if it goes ahead? The ambulant seating, 1 row behind the GA+ hospitality section will go ahead. The middle section of NSL2 will be seated as that's where most of the expensive seats will be outside of the GA+ hospitality section. The top side blocks could accommodate safe standing seats as the don't impact on other seats and on other fans who want to watch the match sat down.

Unless NSL2 is made an official safe standing tier it will be against the law and against stadia regulations for fans to stand on NSL2.

That is already being played at Liverpool with the new Anfield Road stand where threats of bans are being made by LFC because of persistent standing on L2 by Liverpool fans. Level 2 is not safe standing tier.

First x rows seating…for those that want to… and everything behind standing. How does that amount to chaos? You get a seat in seating or standing depending upon your preference.

First x rows seating…for those that want to… and everything behind standing. How does that amount to chaos? You get a seat in seating or standing depending upon your preference.

Unless the club apply for a safe standing certificate for NSL2 and it’s granted, and safe standing seating is installed, standing on NSL2 won’t be allowed. Stewards will be told to enforce that. With 8000 fans on NSL2 there will be a massive and on-going problem with fans wanting to sit and wanting to stand across NSL2, especially if NSL2 does turns out to be a vocal tier.

An example of that, but in blocks, was blocks 111 and 110 which were always vocal standing blocks. I used stand in 110.(I loved it) Slowly standing spread to 109 and there was a mixture of people who had always sat in block 109, and people who began to stand in 109. The club got involved eventually and sent in the stewards to try and force people standing to sit. In the end it became an absolute farce. Stewards were telling fans to sit down, the fans did, but as soon as the stewards walked down the step, the fans would stand up again. It was a constant game of cat and mouse between the stewards and the fans. In the end the club gave up and the fans stayed standing in 109. I don’t know if that’s still the case in 109? It probably will be against Arsenal.

Last edited:
We all remember this don’t we.

An aging blue in 109 who refused to sit whilst those around him and the away fans stood. Showsec picked him out as their let's-make-an-example-for-the-day (they do this every week) and then called for the police. The bloke in question sat down before the police went to his seat, even with those around him still standing. They went and spoke to him, and, whilst he was sitting down, told them he hadn't done anything wrong. The GMP seized an opportunity, or at least they thought they did, when Balotelli scored to try and manhandle him out of the ground. I didn't see how the man ended up on the floor but he can clearly be heard in the video saying he takes tablets for a heart problem before they took him out and at no point did I see him forcibly resist. Their treatment of him was disgraceful and that's not all. When the GMP waded into the crowd people were getting elbowed out of the way or knocked over, myself and a kid no older than seven included! Completely out of order and an exemplar for any aspiring stewards or policemen and women in how not to defuse a situation. There's also reports of Showsec stewards lashing out at fans. I did not see these events however but the above description is my eye witness account and I would swear to it in court.

Last edited:
We all remember this don’t we.

An aging blue in 109 who refused to sit whilst those around him and the away fans stood. Showsec picked him out as their let's-make-an-example-for-the-day (they do this every week) and then called for the police. The bloke in question sat down before the police went to his seat, even with those around him still standing. They went and spoke to him, and, whilst he was sitting down, told them he hadn't done anything wrong. The GMP seized an opportunity, or at least they thought they did, when Balotelli scored to try and manhandle him out of the ground. I didn't see how the man ended up on the floor but he can clearly be heard in the video saying he takes tablets for a heart problem before they took him out and at no point did I see him forcibly resist. Their treatment of him was disgraceful and that's not all. When the GMP waded into the crowd people were getting elbowed out of the way or knocked over, myself and a kid no older than seven included! Completely out of order and an exemplar for any aspiring stewards or policemen and women in how not to defuse a situation. There's also reports of Showsec stewards lashing out at fans. I did not see these events however but the above description is my eye witness account and I would swear to it in court.

Getting absolutely fucking pissed off with these types of posts now, what the actual fuck has this got to do with 'The North Stand Expansion' ... Take this shite elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.