North Stand Expansion

If they get this right (which they won't) they should make this new end the cheapest part of the stadium but make it accesible to long serving and vocal fans. They could even sell the season tickets on a points basis. They could address so many issues at once. Atmosphere and ticket price unrest. The two are almost hand-in-hand because it's the working class fans who make the noise and who are the most disillusioned. Also the PR would be superb: club of the people and all that.

What an opportunity they have. They blew it once with the south stand extension and I bet they blow this one again.
It should be for our hardcore only, no SK postcode, no ticket

I would hate to be the guy disconnecting and reconnecting those 7 catenary tension cables to the new anchor.

6GAR2UQrN9yD2NkGYytfF5.jpg

Well done @supercity88 and @Coatigan for their informal way of informing us what is happening with the roof, very helpful work they guys, keep up the good work.

@jrb is allowed to have his opinion on what is thinks is right, he not having a go at anyone on here. If he thinks the club are doing wrong he is allowed to say it.

Just like I don't like the fins on the hotel or the roof on the fan zone, I am allowed to post about it. It's not up to certain individuals to tell us to go elsewhere

Like a majority of City fans, we were sold on the idea of City having a home end like The Kop or Yellow Wall and that is what a vast majority of city fans want... At no time with the club questionnaire were we told that they were going to shove a GA+ section in the middle of it.

So until the club says that they not doing this @jrb and the 1894 are within their rights to have a go at the club

Interesting observation. What are your thoughts on the quadpods?

Now I see the light!

Chunky, but we see why. I previously noted that I thought the backstay cables to the rear were in the way of the back of the tower coming to ground, and assumed that's why they started at the top. But that still left the question of how they carry on because they couldn't get the top piers on till that happens, and that can't happen till the cables are disconnected, and the cables cant be disconnected till the load is transfered, to ultimately the top new piers. Vicious circle.

But now I see they are cantilevering it diagonally, so they can disconnect the cables, then build down, then build up. then build out. Then disconnect the front cables. Then remove the old pier.
Mind-fry.

Still looks mental that all that tension is fed back to those 'wonky' towers, without tying them back to the ground at the rear, but that's presumably why they are so chunky.

It is so so so tight though, the whole thing. You see how much the existing top sways in the wind just in the drone videos, never mind maneuvering round all that new steel. And then how they shimmy that old pier out amongst all that, will be something to behold. Or whether there is any way to segment it. Most folk will probably not find this stage that intriguing and will look forward to the roof, cladding, seats etc as the phase to get excited about, but for me this is the most interesting and probably complex part of it.

Well done @supercity88 and @Coatigan for their informal way of informing us what is happening with the roof, very helpful work they guys, keep up the good work.

@jrb is allowed to have his opinion on what is thinks is right, he not having a go at anyone on here. If he thinks the club are doing wrong he is allowed to say it.

Just like I don't like the fins on the hotel or the roof on the fan zone, I am allowed to post about it. It's not up to certain individuals to tell us to go elsewhere

Like a majority of City fans, we were sold on the idea of City having a home end like The Kop or Yellow Wall and that is what a vast majority of city fans want... At no time with the club questionnaire were we told that they were going to shove a GA+ section in the middle of it.

So until the club says that they not doing this @jrb and the 1894 are within their rights to have a go at the club

I must have missed a backlash? I'll read back. Just clarify. I wasn't saying Danny Wilson or the club were doing anything wrong with their NS redevelopment update video and press release. It's welcomed. Especially for City fans around the UK, Europe and the world that aren't fully up to date with the plans and construction of the NS. Hopefully there will be more in-depth and onsite updates in the future? In the meantime we'll keep on updating this thread with information, pictures and drone video footage.

Last edited:

Actually, I was telling @Coatigan before he came round to it yesterday ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.