North Stand Expansion

Did try and have a look back the other day but have the club confirmed that it is going to be 2 tiers with the second tier being the larger, unlike the SS which is 2 tiers ? I can't remember seeing any images of what it will look like.

ALSO - have people been able to re-locate to the new seats in this stand yet ? I never actually looked when my SC was up for renewal
2 tiers not 3, no ones relocated yet, that's supposedly for next season.

Did try and have a look back the other day but have the club confirmed that it is going to be 2 tiers with the second tier being the larger, unlike the SS which is 2 tiers ? I can't remember seeing any images of what it will look like.

ALSO - have people been able to re-locate to the new seats in this stand yet ? I never actually looked when my SC was up for renewal
Welcome to 2024 :)

IMG_8844.jpeg
IMG_6586.jpeg
IMG_6589.png

The GA+ isn't going anywhere so it's just about finding out roughly what the cost is going to be to understand what impact it will have. The design suggests it will be seats in a great location and a pay as you go bar and nothing more so it shouldn't be an issue - but it would be good to know how much more they're likely to cost and just put across the fact that it should be a budget "premium" seat to ensure it doesn't compromise the stand.

I still stand by the fact that pricing the rest of the stand, getting safe standing and getting the price and marketing/relocation right is the key and if the club do that it doesn't matter about a small section of "premium" seating, we'll still have 8,000+ blues together making a racket in a stand designed for noise.

The club has to make more money. More seats help, but we're still way down on our rivals and whilst it's small fry compared to commercial revenue, the club don't want to be losing money every season to our rivals. The hotel, skybar and improved City Square/museum/shop will all help. And I'm hoping they can be used to offset some early incentives to get this as a new home end price wise. Even if tickets then gradually increase over time.

Financially incentivise singers to move into it, and others to relocate and then new season ticket prices can be expensive on the basis of the football on offer. New season ticket buyers should be charged for the privilege of watching City.
Non season ticket holders are already paying through the nose for the privilege of watching City. Around fifty quid for a kid and up to seventy for an adult for some games. If a seasoncard doesn't reward regular attendance then there will be no point buying one. The average City season ticket holder is said to be 55 plus. Handing a few flexis to kids of existing season ticket holders isn't going to futureproof our PL attendance, least of all if the family stand discount disappears and prices for the new North Stand are jacked up. The addition of thousands of extra seats isn't only an opportunity for the club to make money in the short term, its an opportunity to lock in years of recurring income from all those fans waiting for season tickets. But the price has to be right. Otherwise those fans will just spread their visits across competitions, leaving empty seats for PL games.

A few of my observations and notes from the CMP document now that I have read it, in case they are of interest to anyone.

- The hotel and office block are indeed being built as in-situ concrete columns and slabs, as I expected.
- They will avoid scaffolding for the facades other than at ground to podium as I guessed. However the facades won't be unitised as I magined, but will be stick system off mewps and mast climbers.
- Currrent completion targets:
• the Stand, Nov 25
• Office block, Oct 25
• Hotel, after Apr 26
• city square, Aug 26
- The office block, currently the furthest behind, looks like it wil be the first bit to complete, with the stand shortly after. The rest into the summer the following year. Would have imagined they'd want the hotel open before the office with the revenue that brings, but there is also a lot more work in it and all the rooms.
- The steelwork is being assembled as they go on site, bit by bit onto the towers. But the skybar trusses will be pre-assembled on the ground and lifted up and installed in big pieces. That'll be something to behold.
- the terraces of tier 2 will be installed before the roof covering for this area, and they accept water will 'cascade' down them into managed storage and discharge behind the occipied tier 1, till the roof is on. Perhaps people in this area might want to wear wellies just in case.
- pretty much the day after the final match, they will begin propping the roof and will remove it during the off season bit by bit.
- This will happen from the pitch, rather than from the back, and they will also use the pitch for laying down components for removal. Better restore it well for the first game back!
- the current labour levels on site for this and the next month are 100-120 workers. This will continue to increase, peaking at 700 workers this time next year. That's more than we have fans!

A few of my observations and notes from the CMP document now that I have read it, in case they are of interest to anyone.

- The hotel and office block are indeed being built as in-situ concrete columns and slabs, as I expected.
- They will avoid scaffolding for the facades other than at ground to podium as I guessed. However the facades won't be unitised as I magined, but will be stick system off mewps and mast climbers.
• the Stand, Nov 25
• Office block, Oct 25
• Hotel, after Apr 26
• city square, Aug 26
- The office block, currently the furthest behind, looks like it wil be the first bit to complete, with the stand shortly after. The rest into the summer the following year. Would have imagined they'd want the hotel open before the office with the revenue that brings, but there is also a lot more work in it and all the rooms.
- The steelwork is being assembled as they go on site, bit by bit onto the towers. But the skybar trusses will be pre-assembled on the ground and lifted up and installed in big pieces. That'll be something to behold.
- the terraces of tier 2 will be installed before the roof covering for this area, and they accept water will 'cascade' down them into managed storage and discharge behind the occipied tier 1, till the roof is on. Perhaps people in this area might want to wear wellies just in case.
- pretty much the day after the final match, they will begin propping the roof and will remove it during the off season bit by bit.
- This will happen from the pitch, rather than from the back, and they will also use the pitch for laying down components for removal. Better restore it well for the first game back!
- the current labour levels on site for this and the next month are 100-120 workers. This will continue to increase, peaking at 700 workers this time next year. That's more than we have fans!
If the stand is finished Nov 25, would it be available for the rest of the season, I assume just for matchday tickets,unless they sold half season S/Cs ?

• the Stand, Nov 25
• Office block, Oct 25
• Hotel, after Apr 26
• city square, Aug 26
Thanks mate brilliant update and "we are getting a giant Gene Kelly stand"

If the stand is finished Nov 25, would it be available for the rest of the season, I assume just for matchday tickets,unless they sold half season S/Cs ?

I think the seating will be ready for August and the new season 25/26. They’ll just work to get things finished fully after then. The South Stand wasn’t ‘done’ until late 2015 despite opening August 2015 for example.

Last edited:

No idea tbf, valid point. Practical completion, (that the dates refer to in the document) isn't necessarily always straight into full use or occupation. But yes effectively it would be available not long after.

Edit, I see HelloCity's response above that the seating itself may be available sooner than the whole, also true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.