North Stand Expansion

Does anyone (employed in the construction industry) see similar construction delays and issues with the North stand expansion including the stand, hotel, museum, fanzone, etc that have plagued the Coop Live Arena?

Interested to know what people think.

Original posted by

Projects regularly incur delays, it is how they catch up on them that determines whether they finish 'on time' or not.

The size and complexity of this with so many parts could well be its saving grace if/when it hits delays, as there are many different parts to juggle. I.e if one part hits significant delays they can focus resources on moving others on quicker if they Sisk are a bit savvy about it. The big one will be opening the stand for the start of a season, that's somewhat time critical presumably. The rest probably less so, unless they have a hotel operator lined up with an agreed start.

Does anyone (employed in the construction industry) see similar construction delays and issues with the North stand expansion including the stand, hotel, museum, fanzone, etc that have plagued the Coop Live Arena?

Interested to know what people think.

Original posted by

I'd be surprised if it didn't encounter delays of some sort. But you'd hope the programme is realistic and allows for them. We're fixed in when we can do certain works, because of needing to access the pitch and have no fans around. So they'll have gone through those timings with a fine tooth-comb to ensure it's deliverable. But bad weather, delays to materials or suppliers are all common place and cause issues. When you have so many moving parts, and a lot of temporary work to facilitate the construction, plus a complex roof system than needs holding up - it's one hell of a job to manage it and ensure it happens.

I haven't seen whether they're currently on schedule or not. Often it's the groundworks phase that causes delays. Encountering something you weren't expecting or weather that causes a problem. Once that's done, often it shoots up without an issue.

I haven't followed the arena closely enough to know why it's been delayed so significantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.