Northern Quarter - The Secret Door

It's on Spear Street, a couple of doors down from The Soup Kitchen.

And is the back door to 'Dry Bar' so rather crap really.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
MCFCTrick said:
NQ for me is Bar Fringe, The Smithfield, The Angel, Crown And Kettle and Marble Arch.

The rest are pretentious shite .....

Castle bar is decent, great ales

The Castle is a decent pub, and yeah great ales on, but too full of the trendy beardy lot for me.

I remember when the NQ just consisted of Cord Bar & Centro

Back in the day when it was actually cool and not some Nathan Barley spin off

It all went downhill when Bluu arrived, now it's just full of Deansgate twats

IanBishopsHaircut said:

Yeah, apart from Dry, Crown and Anchor, The Unicorn, Crown and Kettle, Millstone, Kings, Castle and umpteen other pubs and bars there before them .....

Richard said:
No intention of visiting, but seeing as I work and live in the NQ, this is really pissing me off.

Where the fuck is this place? Wankers.

Didsbury.

MCFCTrick said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

Yeah, apart from Dry, Crown and Anchor, The Unicorn, Crown and Kettle, Millstone, Kings, Castle and umpteen other pubs and bars there before them .....

You've just named a bunch of pubs in the area..like you could mention pubs in other areas...Dry & Millstone aside (Although I would be loathe to include it in the NQ) not one would be considered back in the day a pub that you would relate to the NQ even if they are in the vicinity.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
MCFCTrick said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

You've just named a bunch of pubs in the area..like you could mention pubs in other areas...Dry & Millstone aside (Although I would be loathe to include it in the NQ) not one would be considered back in the day a pub that you would relate to the NQ even if they are in the vicinity.

Dry was the first 'trendy' bar in NQ before Cord and Centro ..... by years.

As for the pubs I listed, they are relevant, as they are all 'in' the NQ area ..... it didn't just begin when some flat cap wearing, beardy hipster opened a dank cellar flogging over priced bottles to the gullible and declared it 'trendy' .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.