Buying players that will never play

I'd be pretty surprised if we made a profit on any of the players mentioned, to be honest.
After listening to the targets we're expected to achieve, which to be honest have gone pretty much according to plan, I really don't think that the profit/loss figures on these players is even an issue. That's not in any way denigrating those talented players who have great potential and could break through into the squad. but the monetary value vs where our owners expect this club to be is miles away from any worry about the profit/loss on any young promising players. That's not being big-headed or gloating, that's just a fact of where we are, and where our owners anticipate us to be.

After listening to the targets we're expected to achieve, which to be honest have gone pretty much according to plan, I really don't think that the profit/loss figures on these players is even an issue. That's not in any way denigrating those talented players who have great potential and could break through into the squad. but the monetary value vs where our owners expect this club to be is miles away from any worry about the profit/loss on any young promising players. That's not being big-headed or gloating, that's just a fact of where we are, and where our owners anticipate us to be.
Agreed new players be it youth or first team or even new managers the wheel will keep turning its not a matter anymore of if we will achieve greatness but when.

The Turkish lad will never play for us. Far too slow.

I don't get the criticism of Chelsea's approach if I'm honest.

Aside from the Kakuta fiasco they haven't broken any rules and if they had been a bit smarter then they would have De Brunye and Lukaku in their ranks.

Courtious, Zouma, Azpilicator, De Brunye, Hazard and Lukaku are all among the best young players in Europe and Hazard is the only one they spent big money on.

The value of them players combined in today's market is astonishing.

Two australians are for melbourne, cos of a stupid rule where auzzie teams cant buy off each other.
Zucu was a young prospect, who has appeared in 2 preseasons for us, but it just hasnt worked out.
Unal needs a work permit.
Roberts is the next messi! :-)

I think that the OP has this wrong and that there is no such policy of buy and sell etc.

There again I would wish there was no need for us to have cultivate relationships with noodle partners etc. but I really want us to have top players and not to be restricted by FFPR etc.

These requirements mean that we have to achieve target levels of turnover, profit etc. and therefore we need to develop revenue streams of various types. So if we ever did adopt such a model/approach I would trust that our executives are doing it because they deem it the right thing to do for the good of our club - they have a very good track record!!!

I think Roberts could develop very nicely under Pep. Guardiola would be a match made in heaven for our youngsters that deserve the chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.