#nothingwithoutyou

In fact fuck it, I've got enough to be depressed about in my life let alone crap like the Manchester bombing without getting even more on here where City get criticised for the smallest supposed slight.

@Ric I've sent you a PM to confirm but I've had enough on here, I could just leave for awhile but deleting my account will make it more of a conscious decision if I return in the future. Good luck to everybody.
If you can't cope with other people having genuinely held opinions then I'd suggest this isn't the place for you anyway.

I just find it inappropriate. They're nothing to us and we're nothing to them. It's a trite phrase that essentially means nothing. As Mancunians we stand together whether we're Blue or red, football fans or not. Why even bring football into it at all? I'm surprised that an intelligent poster like yourself can't see that.

I'm pleased they've donated such a substantial sum to the appeal and wouldn't have expected anything else to be honest. But I could also be cynical and say that half a million came from their unnecessary increase in season ticket prices when were mumbling about operational costs and inflation. If my £20 has gone to fund that donation then I suppose all's well that ends well.

I agree the prices shouldn't have gone up but the message last night was harmless. Of course we are linked - i have a brother and uncles and cousins that are Reds and friends and as much as we don't like them as a club and have our differences we are united in the grief as City. People who have died will be reds. I thought is was classy from City as many others did. Have to disagree with you on this one.

I agree the prices shouldn't have gone up but the message last night was harmless. Of course we are linked - i have a brother and uncles and cousins that are Reds and friends and as much as we don't like them as a club and have our differences we are united in the grief as City. People who have died will be reds. I thought is was classy from City as many others did. Have to disagree with you on this one.

It's this sort of gesture that marks us above the grannny / sister-in-law shagging, horse meat school dinner selling, turfing out the families of the Munich bereaved from their homes fooking rags. Hopefully, we will demonstrate our superiority on the pitch too.

Now that the money from the season ticket increase has been committed to the Manchester bombing fund, is there any chance that we can restrict the price rise issues to the appropriate thread.

Not really got time to discuss everything that's been mentioned in this thread so will try to truncate it. I'm in full agreement with PB on a lot of the issues such as the rise in season ticket prices and yes, you could be cynical and say this #nothingwithoutyou is all about PR but if we're getting into the realms of that, it could be argued that every decent thing every club does is all about PR too, including the joint donation that both clubs have made today. Personally, I think we should be free to praise the good things the club does but at the same time we should be free to criticise where we see fit. Monday's events were a good thing IMO. I was one of the fans that took part and I thought it was really well done. It was the stuff we did with Yaya at the stadium and the subsequent interview that he gave, and I thought he came across really well. Incidentally, a United fan on Red Cafe has been more complimentary about these events our players were involved in across the city than some of our own fans have been on here!

As for last night's tweet, I can't agree with PB's take on it. This is my view which I posted on the United thread in response to the United fan who had signed up to this forum to express his criticism of Lingard's actions:

Fair play mate. And to be fair, other United fans feel it was inappropriate too.

It's a difficult balancing act at a time like this. My own opinion is that I don't have any issue with United's fans singing it last night or any other time, and I wouldn't have been arsed about United's players singing it at any other time either but for Lingard (and his team-mates) to do it last night was bad timing. The clubs and their employees should be maintaining an air of dignity and professionalism, especially in times like this, and by and large that's what has happened from both clubs.

That dignity and professionalism is something some of our own fans should accept as well. Plenty of them saw their arse about City's tweet last night but they need to differentiate between club and fans. The people that run City's Twitter account have a record of posting classy tweets - IIRC they congratulated United on regaining the title from us back in 2013 and while it's not something I would expect or want to see our fans do (or United fans for that matter if it was City regaining the title from yourselves), I don't have an issue with the club doing it. Compare and contrast that with the tweets that come out of other official club accounts, even clubs that are generally held in high regard by neutral fans. I'm thinking specifically of Borussia Dortmund and the bitterness in their tweets when announcing that Gundogan and Mkhitaryan had signed for City and United respectively.

Just had Kolarov round and my nan put her hand on his shoulder and he went sprawling to the floor. Steve G and Barry would be proud!

Not really got time to discuss everything that's been mentioned in this thread so will try to truncate it. I'm in full agreement with PB on a lot of the issues such as the rise in season ticket prices and yes, you could be cynical and say this #nothingwithoutyou is all about PR but if we're getting into the realms of that, it could be argued that every decent thing every club does is all about PR too, including the joint donation that both clubs have made today. Personally, I think we should be free to praise the good things the club does but at the same time we should be free to criticise where we see fit. Monday's events were a good thing IMO. I was one of the fans that took part and I thought it was really well done. It was the stuff we did with Yaya at the stadium and the subsequent interview that he gave, and I thought he came across really well. Incidentally, a United fan on Red Cafe has been more complimentary about these events our players were involved in across the city than some of our own fans have been on here!

As for last night's tweet, I can't agree with PB's take on it. This is my view which I posted on the United thread in response to the United fan who had signed up to this forum to express his criticism of Lingard's actions:

Good post mate. I am glad that you and many other lifelong Blues had a good time meeting the players.

I think we are lucky with the character of the players we've seen at City. Three model pros are leaving the Club in Clichy, Zabba and Navas after giving good service and the rest of the lads come across well.

Brilliant video on the OS regarding this, only just saw it. Great to see some of the players with such compassion for fans of all ages, well done to the club for organising this.

I don't think there needs to be a dick measuring competition with United all the time, we know in ourselves that we are the more classy club and hopefully always will be. I expect nothing less from deadheads like Lingard, best just laughing that off and concentrate on our club. This was a fantastic touch by the players, and we have several of those lads leaving us this Summer, who have been a credit to this club on not just a playing front, but on a human level also. CTWD

Good post mate. I am glad that you and many other lifelong Blues had a good time meeting the players.

I think we are lucky with the character of the players we've seen at City. Three model pros are leaving the Club in Clichy, Zabba and Navas after giving good service and the rest of the lads come across well.

Now Willy as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.