Notice of intended prosecution

You cannot chose to remain silent. The purpose of the NIP is to find of who was driving. If you receive the NIP, you're obliged to declare who the driver was.
If you don't you're liable to points and a fine

Your Right to remain silent is absolute, by simply asking for their legal authority to override your rights calls their bluff, because that's all it is.

inbetween...
the key word is INTENTION which implies they will prosecute

Yes it most certainly is an implication, as is most of the threats that have sadly become thought of as "The law", utter nonsense that implies the lowest form of law court (Administrative) can somehow enforce a right protected in the highest court of the land.

Nor can you be found guilty by default, you do not have to prove it was not you, they have to prove it was or case dismissed,

Ive just this morning received a speeding fine. 51kph in a 50 zone. Zero fucking tolerance too. Bastards. it's going to cost me almost 30 quid.

It's like this in Spain now too. Ridiculous considering the speedometer in your car can be out by up to ten percent.

they need to inform you of the suspected offence within 2 weeks, beyond that the courts argue that you could not reasonably confirm the identity of the driver. after you have confirmed that you were the driver (where is your right to remain silent?) then im sure they can take as long as they like.
When we used to get our company cars caught we used to say that we didn't know who the driver was on that day (even though it was owned and run by one person) and the police couldnt really counter argue that point. the last time they let us off but issued us a warning that this was the last time.
The very same action used by Bacon Face and the rags one time.....

They normally do but according to the notice I got the camera was +- 3% and I'm still being done!
It will cost more for legal than the cost of the fine and all my swiss colleagues and friends say the same thing. Just pay it.

:-(

Zürich I take it, most of Switzerland gives you a 5 Km/h margin but the Zürchers have it down to 3 Km/h (but only with the new laser kits)

It's only 40 Francs, chalk it up to experience and pay it. The 20/40/60s don't even get recorded and it'll cost you a lot more to dispute it.

Just to cheer you up, some civic minded Swiss near Bahnhof Stadelhofen

I thought car speedometer tolerance was -0 +10% so they couldn't under read.

I think they are manufactured to not underread but the 10% that's generally applied on speeding laws allows for the potential fault that they may underread. Might be wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.