NYCFC / MLS 2023 Thread

What's happened to this team gone from winning the comp to bottom 3 of the league I don't follow the mls much but find this strange.

The new stadium plan moves forward

Sports

City begins land use review process for NYCFC’s new stadium at Willets Point

By Joe Pantorno
Posted on October 16, 2023

NYCFC’s journey toward a new home took another step forward on Monday.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) announced that it has begun the Uniform Land Use Review Process (ULURP) for the transformation of the land next to Citi Field at Willets Point, Queens, which will contain a state-of-the-art stadium for New York City Football Club.

more:
https://www.amny.com/sports/nycfc-new-stadium-nycedc-10-16-23/

Interesting badge they’ve got on one of the renderings. Reminded me of the Pigeoniho (remember that?) badge someone did on here donkeys years ago!
IMG_1927.jpeg
IMG_0986.jpeg

Columbus Crew come back in the Ohio derby from 2-0 down to win at FC Cincinnati and win the Eastern Conference Final 3-2. Great game. They’ll now play the winner of the western final between Houston and LAFC.

FSG rumored to want to buy a club or stake in a club in MLS.

Am I right in thinking that when a new club is set up and a franchise fee is paid the existing clubs as rights holders get a % so CFG will get money of FSG so in affect we get money of Liverpool

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.