Obscure City players - anyone remember any of these?

isab23502

From early 70's - Smith, White, Johnson, Brennan, Hanvey, Whelan, McBeth, Henson, Potter and Telford?

isab23502 said:
From early 70's - Smith, White, Johnson, Brennan, Hanvey, Whelan, McBeth, Henson, Potter and Telford?

Howard White - carried off after about 30 mins of his only senior appearance, against Liverpool at Maine Rd. Both teams played a weakened team because of upcoming European semi finals.

Jeff Johnson played quite a few times for the first team as I recall, I think Allison took him to Palace when he left City?

Tony Whelan joined us from the rags, went on to play for Rochdale and is now part of the rags youth coaching team.

Billy Telford - fucking hell I'd nearly forgotten him, didn't we sign him from some non-league team?

lancs blue said:
Howard White - carried off after about 30 mins of his only senior appearance, against Liverpool at Maine Rd. Both teams played a weakened team because of upcoming European semi finals.
I know the guy well, family friend - his son is one of my best mates, and his daughter checks into this forum occasionally, so I'm sure she'll be able to shed further light on what happened (I think he broke his leg and retired shortly afterwards).

isab23502 said:

I moved to Sheff from Manc late 60s and I can always remember us selling Henson to SWFC for £40,000 in the mid 70s.He was not the best but did ok at Wednesday.

Jeff Johnson also played for SWFC at that time as did Ian Mellor,all in a promotion team.

Was just flicking through MCFC STATS and saw these names which I didn't recognise in first team or bench.
So must have been on the bench at least.
The Kerr's, Wiffill's, Peacock's and De Vlieger's of the 70's!

droylsdenblue said:
I think Billy Telford scored at Coventry on his debut.

Anyone remember Dominic Sullivan & Duncan Davidson?
IIRC they were bought by Billy Mac, I'm guessing it would have been during the 83-84 season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.