Offense in Comedy [Shameless Self-Promotion]

BlueMooney

Not that I don't normally shamelessly promote my own work, but if anyone's interested... Here's a 15 minute radio documentary on the subject, done for my uni documentary module:

Some Strong Language (12.2Mb)

And a slightly longer one:

Some Strong Language (Xtended Version) (17.9Mb)

(Incidentally, I know I say it's 30 minutes at the start - it was going to be, but I've not yet had chance to finish a 30 minute edit, nor re-record the opening... :P)

Hopefully, recording equipment dependent, I'm also going to report City's matches for AudioBoo as well as match reports for my blog. :P

Is it about American football players who become comedians? Might give it a listen.

edit: that wasn't in the least funny.

BlueMooney said:
Brucie Bonus said:
Is it about American football players who become comedians? Might give it a listen.

Would offence do you better? :P

Interchangeable these days, I reckon, with the influx of American English.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I found a website a few days ago that listed MANY words and phrases that the English use every day, but which are all Americanisms that have been introduced since the 19th century. Yet nobody knows they're American, they think they're English (just as they think using "ise" instead of "ize" is always correct and is always English, and Americans using "ize" are always wrong)...I'm just waiting until someone starts another silly thread about Americanisms and incorrect English...then I'll offload a few hundred off them.

Brucie Bonus said:
BlueMooney said:
Brucie Bonus said:

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I found a website a few days ago that listed MANY words and phrases that the English use every day, but which are all Americanisms that have been introduced since the 19th century. Yet nobody knows they're American, they think they're English (just as they think using "ise" instead of "ize" is always correct and is always English, and Americans using "ize" are always wrong)...I'm just waiting until someone starts another silly thread about Americanisms and incorrect English...then I'll offload a few hundred off them.

I have no beef with it either, in fairness.

Languages change and they always will.

Brucie Bonus said:
BlueMooney said:
Brucie Bonus said:

I await that tirade with baited breath. The English dialect and terminology changes regionally, I expect alterations and changes over large distances, to think otherwise is naive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.