Official Barnsley v Manchester City Thread

Giles said:
Good performance. Slick passing, bundles of chances missed. Totally dominated the second half against a team that's ready to start their season. They deserved to score too as they had a few chances (they hit the bar) but generally Toure was v good until he went off and Ben Haim (his bad for their goal) came on. Neddy looked a bit off the pace.
Adebayor looked a hell of a player. Should've had a hat-trick but was a real handful. Their keeper made one amazing save from him and four or five more. Bellamy played pretty well too and should've scored.
Ireland was a bit quiet first half and Robbie looked ok.

Should have been 4-1 - that would have been a fair reflection of the game.

Martin Devaney, their RM, was a sly, dirty little fucker and deserves a slap.
Correct..........*wipes feet on way out after quick post & fucks off.*

You can talk all you like about the 'team needing to gel', and other platitudes.

Though it may have no impact on the upcoming season, and I'm sure City will do well - you'd expect a team that cost 5,000 times more than Barnsley to come away with an *easy* win.

Still, I'm sure it will come right. It's not like Adebayor missed some sitters or anything is it.

wandarah said:
You can talk all you like about the 'team needing to gel', and other platitudes.

Though it may have no impact on the upcoming season, and I'm sure City will do well - you'd expect a team that cost 5,000 times more than Barnsley to come away with an *easy* win.

Still, I'm sure it will come right. It's not like Adebayor missed some sitters or anything is it.

Well......... He had one when he hit the woodwork then missed the rebound. Nothing sinister

mancityscot said:
wandarah said:

Well......... He had one when he hit the woodwork then missed the rebound. Nothing sinister

:) Im sure.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9RA6F3KAtw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9RA6F3KAtw</a>

Petrov's goal today

Giles said:
Good performance. Slick passing, bundles of chances missed. Totally dominated the second half against a team that's ready to start their season. They deserved to score too as they had a few chances (they hit the bar) but generally Toure was v good until he went off and Ben Haim (his bad for their goal) came on. Neddy looked a bit off the pace.
Adebayor looked a hell of a player. Should've had a hat-trick but was a real handful. Their keeper made one amazing save from him and four or five more. Bellamy played pretty well too and should've scored.

Nice post, I freaked out when I heard the result! Feel better now

Giles said:

Couldn't agree more we were totally dominant, created good chances and when a bit match sharper will convert them. The defence will be sorted soon and we'll have a good season.

Ok i know im new here but this is my take on the match today, I was actually sat in the east stand (Barnsley side) because I went with my Girlfriends Dad who is from Barnsley.
First Half I thought we were doing a lot of passing work, some really good one touch football was being played. Maybe we were told first half to work on passing tequniques against a team who were nearly ready for their season to start?? I thought a couple of times a shot was on but it was passed instead. At the start of the second half i think that is more like the way we can expect to play, looked very very good, excellent passing and movement just only the finishing let us down, but that can be worked on and im sure we will be firing at Blackburn.
Adebayour looked good, a real handful at times. Superman looked good again too, some nice touches and flicks and a couple of excellent through balls.
Richards has lost none of his speed and Toure looked very solid already. Neddy had a few nervous moments.
One person i was very impressed with when he came on was Weiss, i thought he looked awesome, very quick, always wanted the ball and caused them a lot of problems.
Their goal was well taken though.
*Puts on hard hat and hides in corner*

racingeye said:
Ok i know im new here but this is my take on the match today, I was actually sat in the east stand (Barnsley side) because I went with my Girlfriends Dad who is from Barnsley.
First Half I thought we were doing a lot of passing work, some really good one touch football was being played. Maybe we were told first half to work on passing tequniques against a team who were nearly ready for their season to start?? I thought a couple of times a shot was on but it was passed instead. At the start of the second half i think that is more like the way we can expect to play, looked very very good, excellent passing and movement just only the finishing let us down, but that can be worked on and im sure we will be firing at Blackburn.
Adebayour looked good, a real handful at times. Superman looked good again too, some nice touches and flicks and a couple of excellent through balls.
Richards has lost none of his speed and Toure looked very solid already. Neddy had a few nervous moments.
One person i was very impressed with when he came on was Weiss, i thought he looked awesome, very quick, always wanted the ball and caused them a lot of problems.
Their goal was well taken though.
*Puts on hard hat and hides in corner*

Dont hide its your opinion and seems a fair analysis of the game, may I ask how did the players look when Barnsley scored

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.