official "i was a city fan before we got successful" thread

r.soleofsalford said:
shootmeifipost10k said:
I'm slightly ashamed to admit that on my first game while watching us beat leeds in august 1974 I asked my mates dad that I thought manchester played in red. I should have been banished from the ground but just got a ruffle of the hair.

My pathetic excuse was that I was only 7 and not being from manc land was surrounded by kids at school with united and liverpool with red school bags.

9,427 to go

Read your age a few posts up so not sure you'll be around to see it,old git ;0)

First game was home to Everton lost 5-2 roughly the 91/92 season ish. Stood on the terraces watching us struggle against a Macclesfield side in Division 2. I think I can claim I was there before we got good.

aphex said:
davymcfc said:
we are going to start winning things very soon. we are winning games when playing badly. we are being linked with mega stars and we have the best striker in the world. its not going to be long before we get stupid, glory hunting fans. well if i ever get accused of being a glory hunter i can show them this thread. any one else?

an obvious glory hunter

look at the day you joined you rag.
true. me n you must be rags :P

davymcfc said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:
first game was port vale at home in division 2... we lost :(
you might be getting mixed up. we didnt play port vale in division 2.
i know it was division 3 but it is the equivilet of division 2 ever since the premier league was invented :)

first game was a maine road against sheffield united, it ended 1-1.
next one was when we battered swindon town 6-0 the week after... loved it and never EVER looked back since.. I LOVE THIS CLUB

First game in the 70's, got into it big time in the early 80's and ever since, first player who still stands in my memory?

Nicky "CHHHHAAAAAARRRRGGGE" Reid

My Dad's a lifelong Blue (as Manclad will attest) and took me to my first game in 1993 against Sheffield United. The game was rubbish but my old man won a cigar at half-time.

I doubt that'll get painted on the walls in the concourse...

I AM A GLORY HUNTER........

Born 18/ 02/ 1961, Became a blue 19/02/1961, 1st game with my dad 1965 (aged 4), season ticket aged 10 every year for 14 years & went to at least 1/2 the away games in that time.
Followed them through thick & thin, up & down the various divisions, when I could get a ticket, got a new season card for COMS 1st season there & had it ever since, Even turned down 3 jobs over the years at the theatre of debt (well paid as well) so yes.............................

..................I AM A GLORY HUNTER................................

Used to have a United shirt with Beckham, then decided to change allegiances to City in 98 when I was young. I think it was pity.

Shame, I feel quite bad for United now - NOT.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.