Offside rule

Any playable part of your body that is past the last defender is deemed to be offside if you are consisdered an active player. So even a toe past the last defender is now deemed as offside whereas you can stick your whole arm past and you shouldn't be flagged

typicalcity68 said:
what is it now?
Last I knew it was "there has to be daylight" etc.
If that is still the case, Carlito was on.

I missed the 1st half, so I can't comment on that particular one...but as a low level ref in the states I gained a lot of sympathy for linesmen...it's a really tough call....and db is right, basically the only part of your body that can be past the defender is your hand/arm.

Tevez' foot was offside so strictly speaking it should have been scratched off but how on earth is a linesman supposed to flag for a foot? FWIW I don't think the 'daylight' rule was anything more than misguided media/fans/commentators information but I don't know that for certain.

The daylight thing is pundit talk via explanations of how to make sense of the ever newer interpretations. The operative word has always been nearer to the goal-line than the ball. If you can't play the ball with yer 'and yer can't effective be offside with yer 'and.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.