On call pay

dukyblue

Anyone give any advice? I've been asked to submit a plan for an on call policy for my team. Need to cover from midnight until 8am.

Its IT support, and i'm looking for a flat fee per night for being on call. Any ballpark figures? What would you consider reasonable?

dukyblue said:
Anyone give any advice? I've been asked to submit a plan for an on call policy for my team. Need to cover from midnight until 8am.

Its IT support, and i'm looking for a flat fee per night for being on call. Any ballpark figures? What would you consider reasonable?

200 quid

Would it be remote support or would travel to site be required?

What you supporting?

How are staff normally paid hourly/salary?

What is normal rate of pay?

IFeedGoats said:

What you supporting?

Remote support, travel MAY be required, depending on the problem.
Various things, mainly bespoke apps, db issues, websites
Salary, various amounts ranging between 20-30k.

I want a set fee for individuals being on call, then IF they are called, OT payed at salaried rate.

dukyblue said:
IFeedGoats said:

What you supporting?

Remote support, travel MAY be required, depending on the problem.
Various things, mainly bespoke apps, db issues, websites
Salary, various amounts ranging between 20-30k.

I want a set fee for individuals being on call, then IF they are called, OT payed at salaried rate.

Would they be on call on a rota basis or every week or week on week off?
I'd probably say around 10-15% of salary oncall allowance. So 2 - 3k. OK not a great amount but this is for doing no work, might need to increase if on a every week basis.

Cheers. it will be on a 1 in 3 basis probably, not worked out the finer details yet but I was expecting about 10% of salary

dukyblue said:
Cheers. it will be on a 1 in 3 basis probably, not worked out the finer details yet but I was expecting about 10% of salary

Yeah I'd say thats pretty fair, I work in IT too , if that was offered to me I wouldn't have too many compalints as long as the OT rate was OK.

dukyblue said:

8 Stella`s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.