On This Day 6th May 2019:"No Vinny,Don't Shoot"

Blue5964

Edited:

It was one of those ‘I was there’ moments on a night of almost unbearable tension at the Etihad.

Vincent Kompany’s stunning long-range goal was enough to put City within one win of the Premier League title.

The captain broke down a dangerous and stubborn Leicester with a shot on 73 minutes to put the Blues within touching distance of defending the crown won in a canter the season before.

Last edited:
When I woke up earlier, realised the date and immediately thought Vinny Leicester day. Spurs are on my mind ATM and guess was thinking about difficult penultimate matches.
We could do with a Vinny star match winner May 14th I reckon!

I was down with the young lad for this one, very back of the ES3 and I also uttered words to the effect of ‘don’t shoot’ (had a good laugh with the Blue next to me afterwards!)

These are special moments which you will never forget, so rare to have something that elicits such a heart-felt and gutteral reaction from 50k people. Absolute bedlam when that went in. Goosebumps thinking about it now.

What a man Vinny is, hope he bounces back from this season’s setback.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.