Only Connect - City Themed Questions

Think the explanations need tidying up at bit on this one.

Played for Chelsea before City works. Not just played for Chelsea, as Sturridge, Anelka and Sterling have as well.

Not sure the world cup one works as Vieira has won it as well. Maybe won the World CUp after the age of 23. Or only played in 1 world cup final.

It still kind of works though.

I got the first 2 lines and their reasoning.
That's kinda the point of it, there are always red herrings thrown in so that it's not just ie simply picking the 4 who've played for City and Chelsea as it's not about picking the 4 that uniquely fit into the category, it's more about splitting the 16 into 4 categories uniquely (if that makes sense)

Reactions: kun
Stupidly difficult. However I got the Utd link but that didn't work correctly and threw me back to the start screen

Great thread, and thanks to those who have created connecting walls. I got one correct in the first and two in the slightly easier second.

We like to do the show too. I can get some of the missing vowels before the contestants, and usually get some of the connecting wall answers. The first two rounds are really hard though and I don't often get those.

On one occasion I got a connection when both teams failed, and it made me feel really clever in front of the wife.

Has anyone seen the celebrity version with Kathy Burke and Johnny Vegas as team captains? No, me neither.

Last edited:
Reactions: mat
Which Phillips have you got as being born in yorkshire? My mind only had David and he's Germany isn't he ( tho welsh). Mental block in another phillips!

edit - googled it myself and if course it's the easily forgettable kalvin!

These are great lads but not helping me get back into work after Christmas!!!

Keep doing them though, much better than working!!!

These are great lads but not helping me get back into work after Christmas!!!

Keep doing them though, much better than working!!!
My first January as a retiree and it’s bloody marvellous, catching up on Connect as I ponder a day just chilling ready for the game tonight and golf tomorrow. I did almost 48 years, if it suits, wrap the work In ASAP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.