Opposing players discussion thread

jamesha

Team supported
Manchester City
I am creating this thread as a place to discuss opposition players who have played in recent games against City. When I have attempted to do this on post match threads the normal response is along the lines of "he's shit" or a "cheat" rather than any sensible debate and I am hoping the comments here can be a bit more sensible.

In recent matches a couple of players have impressed me.

Against PSG I thought Marquinhos had a good first half making some great blocks and defensive headers. Given the lack of defensive contribution of PSG's front 3 their defenders do not have an easy task and I though he did well for much of the game.

Against Villa I was impressed by how much Douglas Luiz seems to have improved since we last played them. I would have been really interesting to see what Pep could have done with him if work permit issues had not prevented him joining our squad. I guess the club looked at him before the buyback option expired and decided not to activate it. It will be interesting to see what level he reaches over the next couple of years.

I am creating this thread as a place to discuss opposition players who have played in recent games against City. When I have attempted to do this on post match threads the normal response is along the lines of "he's shit" or a "cheat" rather than any sensible debate and I am hoping the comments here can be a bit more sensible.

Against PSG I thought Marquinhos had a good first half making some great blocks and defensive headers. Given the lack of defensive contribution of PSG's front 3 their defenders do not have an easy task and I though he did well for much of the game.

Against Villa I was impressed by how much Douglas Luiz seems to have improved since we last played them. I would have been really interesting to see what Pep could have done with him if work permit issues had not prevented him joining our squad. I guess the club looked at him before the buyback option expired and decided not to activate it. It will be interesting to see what level he reaches over the next couple of years.
Good luck with this one. :-)

one of the best players from any opposition teams this season has been ollie watkins he creates a lot of difficulties for opposition defences, he scores goals as we saw last night the only negative is he is a bit of moaning diving txxt, Pep would soon knock that out of him should have bought him instead of grealish would fit in well at the etihad.

Probably best in the general football forum though :)

Its not about players anymore imo. The quality levels nowdays are so high that the teams cancel each other out. Its tyher manager that makes the player.

Bernardo would be nowhere near as good if he played for Newcastle, and conversely Saint-Maximin might be a gem if he got a good manager. Who would have thought Zinny would be a mainstay in the best team in the land and all the world.

Rashford is a good player, he's shite for utd but he has talent, Pep would change his whole game, make him enjoy it, work hard, be part of the team and get rid of the baggage. He could be one of the best players in the world under Pep maybe.

Having said all that Traore is good, he would excel under Tuchel/Pep/Kloppster

Marquinhos is shit.

Luiz is a cheat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.