Opposition view: Arsenal

I FUCKING HATE ARSEANAL FANS,bunch of cunts,ive crossed swords with many of them over the years on footy forums and slimey cant describe them enough,fucking strange fuckers who celebrate a bank balance more than a thrpphy ,FUCKING ODDBALLS

Hiya guys
gooner through and through here, not sure where to start but i wiil answer one question as to why we as fans have not done anything about the price situation at our club.
We have and are trying, we had a protest march at the Swansea home game where there were nearly 2,000 marching against the board and its policies and the fact that Ivan Gazidas got a £2,000,000 bonus when we are struggling to pay bills let al;one follow our team.
The problem is we have such a huge fan base there is always someone to step in when there are tickets going spare.the ground can be full of tourists and corporate these days and real fans are in the pubs on the holloway road or at home streaming it. we still have 40.000 on the waiting lists for season tickets.
i agree that the on ly waty to get anything done is to vote with your feet but as you know like any club a lot of fans are brain washed and will go come rain or shine to the detriment of a lot of old school passionate fans like myself.<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 pm --<br /><br />
sir peace frog said:
I FUCKING HATE ARSEANAL FANS,bunch of *****,ive crossed swords with many of them over the years on footy forums and slimey cant describe them enough,fucking strange fuckers who celebrate a bank balance more than a thrpphy ,FUCKING ODDBALLS
whoaaaaa slow down son thars not nice is it, did we get out of the wrong side of the bed today or what.
I dont like or hate City, ive had run ins with city boys over the years like other clubs but hey thats life. and we are not strange far from it think about the fans who are paying the most expensive priced tickets in the premiership.

I remember going down to Highbury and the Emirates before the takeover, was always a pretty good atmosphere between gooners and blues (enemy of my enemy played a part I'm sure). Haven't been since and I'd hope it's still a pretty good relationship.

But we blues hear an awful lot of mistruths, vitriol, and criticism of the club over the press, TV, radio, internet etc and I think thats where a lot of the bad blood between the two sets of supporters comes from. That and a few comments from Arsene.

Thats football mate isnt it you need passion. its a shame like a lot of things these days its the opc crowd who win. I can remember when we played you in 71 and Charlie the darling of the Northbank scored two and we went on to wembley and done the double. Always used to be a bit hairy round the side streets at yours.

surely arsenal fans would sooner see thousands of away fans at the emirates.

i know for sure i don't want to see the day when arsenal don't travel to city in huge numbers, which they always have done.

the away fan arguement largely boils down to the wealth of fans, clubs like sunderland and newcastle bring about 1700 to city these days, it's pathetic these 2 giants of the north east would bring 5000+ every time if the allocation and pricing was right, but they come from poor areas.

the arsenal lads on this post have added decent comments, the abuse is uncalled for, we are all football fans at the end of the day, why not unite and stop clubs royally taking the piss.

fathellensbellend said:

i know for sure i don't want to see the day when arsenal don't travel to city in huge numbers, which they always have done.

the away fan arguement largely boils down to the wealth of fans, clubs like sunderland and newcastle bring about 1700 to city these days, it's pathetic these 2 giants of the north east would bring 5000+ every time if the allocation and pricing was right, but they come from poor areas.

the arsenal lads on this post have added decent comments, the abuse is uncalled for, we are all football fans at the end of the day, why not unite and stop clubs royally taking the piss.
I like to think the abuse is generally aimed in the direction of the football fan every club have and we ALL despise. It is sad to see, as no-one to my knowledge has come on here and give it the usual big club,loyal fans,couldn't sell tickets blah blah...what I am surprised to see it has not been a concerted(organised) effort by City fans to refuse to buy as opposed to the odd F*** that, too close to Christmas etc..after all it is what an extra £5 above what Chelsea and other London been charging us for years. £55 at Fulham last year as I recall

I am sure you realise that we have been charged top wack everywhere we have played ever since clubs have graded games. We were charged £50 at Charlton ffs the last time they were up (5-6 years ago?) Price of success perhaps but no trophies for 7 or even 35 years is going to change that.

You have heard of paying the price for success...welcome to the club.

Regards and Respect

AFC said:
fathellensbellend said:

I like to think the abuse is generally aimed in the direction of the football fan every club have and we ALL despise. It is sad to see, as no-one to my knowledge has come on here and give it the usual big club,loyal fans,couldn't sell tickets blah blah...what I am surprised to see it has not been a concerted(organised) effort by City fans to refuse to buy as opposed to the odd F*** that, too close to Christmas etc..after all it is what an extra £5 above what Chelsea and other London been charging us for years. £55 at Fulham last year as I recall

I am sure you realise that we have been charged top wack everywhere we have played ever since clubs have graded games. We were charged £50 at Charlton ffs the last time they were up (5-6 years ago?) Price of success perhaps but no trophies for 7 or even 35 years will change that.

Regards and Respect

agree with all you have said mate, cannot argue, for the record i have 2 tickets for the game sunday, my heart rules my head when it come to city, i dont want to ever become a fan that watches my team on the tv so i sacrifice most things so i can watch the game live. I have said all along, before city's jump into the spotlight that fans of utd, arsenal, chelsea and liverpool were having the piss taken out of them, but the truth is 3 of those 4 clubs have enourmous support and the other is growing at a rapid rate of knots in one of the richest parts of the country, so quite simply when one fan doesnt go, there are plenty to take his place. I have seen every city game at arsenal in the past 30 years and never seen us win a league game, but i have always enjoyed going to "the arsenal", with the programme sellers in the gardens and the "peanut sellers", but this will be my last time at these prices.

all the best mate

AFC said:
fathellensbellend said:

I am sure you realise that we have been charged top wack everywhere we have played ever since clubs have graded games. We were charged £50 at Charlton ffs the last time they were up (5-6 years ago?) Price of success perhaps but no trophies for 7 or even 35 years is going to change that.

Regards and Respect
The disadvantage City fans have is that wages here are lower and the most expensive ticket prices are for games in London where we have to pay travel costs as well.

It's quite noticeable, when you see the visiting support from Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, that their supporter base is a lot wealthier than ours

Marvin said:
AFC said:
fathellensbellend said:

Regards and Respect
The disadvantage City fans have is that wages here are lower and the most expensive ticket prices are for games in London where we have to pay travel costs as well.

It's quite noticeable, when you see the visiting support from Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, that their supporter base is a lot wealthier than ours
I understand that mate but I know many that travel all over watching Arsenal and have spent everything they earn and more(a lot more) doing so.

I know you may baulk and laugh at my next comment In 2000 we played away to Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League(no club trip,no cheap flights and no direct flights) it was the last group game as we had already qualified), a reserve side put out ...38..yes thirty eight of us hardy souls braved the elements of Far Eastern Ukraine and a 0-3 defeat..two days later the draw and an away trip in November(2 weeks later) to Spartak Moscow...-17 and a 1-4 defeat 350 of us this time....

fathellensbellend I am sorry I don't know how to double quote? My first game at Maine Rd was I think a league cup match in 1985 and not missed one since, I hope you have another great trip apart from the obvious to London..it's in the blood so we'll see you next season!

AFC said:
Marvin said:
AFC said:

Regards and Respect

I understand that mate but I know many that travel all over watching Arsenal and have spent everything they earn and more(a lot more) doing so.

I know you may baulk and laugh at my next comment In 2000 we played away to Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League(no club trip,no cheap flights and no direct flights) it was the last group game as we had already qualified), a reserve side put out ...38..yes thirty eight of us hardy souls braved the elements of Far Eastern Ukraine and a 0-3 defeat..two days later the draw and an away trip in November(2 weeks later) to Spartak Moscow...-17 and a 1-4 defeat 350 of us this time....

fathellensbellend I am sorry I don't know how to double quote? My first game at Maine Rd was I think a league cup match in 1985 and not missed one since, I hope you have another great trip apart from the obvious to London..it's in the blood so we'll see you next season!
I read Fever Pitch many times over, and Glory Glory days (the SPurs one about Chivers Bill Nich's SPurs). Plenty of respect to match going fans. I've put myself in your shoes a few times

When City were in the lower divisions, a lot of us used to hope you'd win every weekend, just to stop Man Utd. Those days are gone now I'm afraid, and there's a bit of rivalry especially after the controversial transfers.

I will be happy with a draw at the weekend. We will be missing our best players and we don't really have stand-ins for them (Nasri, Yaya Toure and Aguero). You can get away with one or two missing, but when its 3, & they are all attacking players it is bound to have a big impact. I see City playing a much more defensive game than usual.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.