other side of a tit-for-tat pointless argument

tolmie's hairdoo

For those moaning about attending UEFA games so far and a ticketing fiasco.

What about the fans who bothered to stand in the wind and rain yesterday for over an hour-and-a-half?

Seems a tad dramatic considering they aren't supposed to be real City fans.

Loyalty, comes in all shapes, sizes and guises.

I don't begrudge those who are in a financial position to own a season-ticket (of which, I have two - and purchased an additional eight in the general sale yesterday)

But that doesn't make me any better or loyal as those who can't. A man from Mayfair can consider himself no better or no worse than a man from Manchester.

Yesterday, it felt like being a City fan in the good old days again - speaking to all different ages in the queue talking about the games they have been to down the years - kids gets excited about going to a big game.

Even if we get tanked 5-0 in the first leg - what better platform than to show at Eastlands why we are City fans in the first place.

agree completely, but loyalty should be rewarded, the people that turned up in horrible weather at the PSG, Twente etc game's should be looked after.

charliebigspuds said:
agree completely, but loyalty should be rewarded, the people that turned up in horrible weather at the PSG, Twente etc game's should be looked after.

I disagree, loyalty should be rewarded but on the loyalty points basis!
Someone who has 4000 pts who couldn't make the euro games misses out to someone who has 60pts from going to a few cheap Euro games doesn't make sense imo.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
For those moaning about attending UEFA games so far and a ticketing fiasco.

What about the fans who bothered to stand in the wind and rain yesterday for over an hour-and-a-half?

Seems a tad dramatic considering they aren't supposed to be real City fans.

Loyalty, comes in all shapes, sizes and guises.

I don't begrudge those who are in a financial position to own a season-ticket (of which, I have two - and purchased an additional eight in the general sale yesterday)

But that doesn't make me any better or loyal as those who can't. A man from Mayfair can consider himself no better or no worse than a man from Manchester.

Yesterday, it felt like being a City fan in the good old days again - speaking to all different ages in the queue talking about the games they have been to down the years - kids gets excited about going to a big game.

Even if we get tanked 5-0 in the first leg - what better platform than to show at Eastlands why we are City fans in the first place.

With you there Jim.
The vast majority whoi got tickets will be Blues regardless of how many games they've been too this, or any other season.
Even though i failed to get one (caught out by surprise at the demand) i was still buzzing at the thought of a great night at Eastlands.
Rather than a ground full of tourist i think a lot of old school Blues will turn out for this one and make it a cracking day/night.

stonerblue said:
With you there Jim.
The vast majority whoi got tickets will be Blues regardless of how many games they've been too this, or any other season.
Even though i failed to get one (caught out by surprise at the demand) i was still buzzing at the thought of a great night at Eastlands.
Rather than a ground full of tourist i think a lot of old school Blues will turn out for this one and make it a cracking day/night.
Have you tried the corporate section Stoner? There'll be loads of spares knocking around so I'm sure you'll get sorted

The other side of this argument is that there may well be hundreds of kids at this match, who have slight allegiances to other clubs, or no allegiances at all. Their dads may not be committed City fans, or City fans at all, but have been attracted to take their kids to this match because of the price, and the fact that it is a glamourous tie against decent opposition. I hear the complaints of loyal City fans who may miss out because of this, but, if 50% of these kids go away from this game as committed City fans, then, as a one-off measure, this £5 a ticket deal will have proved to be a cracking investment for the future by the club. If we get through this tie, then, by all means, use loyalty points to allocate tickets for the Semi-Final/Final.

IFeedGoats said:
charliebigspuds said:

Someone who has 4000 pts who couldn't make the euro games misses out to someone who has 60pts from going to a few cheap Euro games doesn't make sense imo.
understand your arguement but i've just got back from COMS and a guy in front of me at the queue was told he couldn't buy a ticket today because they were just going to season ticket holder's, he explained that he'd been to every home game this season but couldn't afford a season ticket in one payment, He left COMS without a ticket. I'm happy that season ticket holders get first choice (i'm one of them) but i have two mate's who have season tickets and they haven't been to any cup game's this season but are deciding to turn up for this. I suppose buying a season ticket afford's you this privledge but can't help feel sorry for the loyal fan that may miss out because some people just take the tickets when they like!

Just ignore the moaning fuckers. Moan when we have a half empty stadium, moan when we have a full stadium. You can never please some people.

IFeedGoats said:
charliebigspuds said:

This sums everything up. You will never please everyone as everyone thinks the rules should be in their favour. For me I couldnt care less as Ive been to every UEFA game and have a seasoncard with 4000 points so Im not affected. Might make an extra 1000 buy a seasoncard for next season, if so, it has done its job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.