Our attendances

My surprise has come from the fact the stands looked full on tv which often wasn't the case for many games last season. For circa 5000 seats to be "unsold" you'd expect to see swathes or even blocks of empty seats which didn't seem to be the case

The game was pretty much sold out, then the ticket exchange tickets became available. They all sold and there was about 40 left at around 4pm before the game. I would imagine they got sold at the ticket office before the game so technically, we must have sold around 55K-56K tickets for this game (including season tickets being re-sold)

I know they wouldn't include resold tickets in the attendence figures but surley it should have been anounced as a sold out, full allocation attendence figure??

Something dodgey is going on
Yep, something doesn't add up as you say. On a brighter note, we're probably nearing thestage where we'll fill 60k on a regular basis, once we don't price out the young and lowest income brackets.

they are willing to allow City fans to be ridiculed
Only City fans themselves allow themselves to be ridiculed. We , obviously like the club aren't bothered, shouldn't be so sensitive about it.
I f you get ridiculed by somebody that has nothing better to do than look at our published attendance figure when we know it was full it's your own fault.

My surprise has come from the fact the stands looked full on tv which often wasn't the case for many games last season. For circa 5000 seats to be "unsold" you'd expect to see swathes or even blocks of empty seats which didn't seem to be the case

I ordered my tickets from the ticket office when i collected them at Monday 11am they said they only had a few tickets left and non sat together to a guy wanting to buy at the TO

This is the reply I got from Supporter Services when I asked them what the attendance was:

"Unfortunately the official attendance of a match is not something the Club publish publicly and the one announced by third parties is based on ticket sales as opposed to entries on the day."
Which is a bit of a daft statement from the club. It should read "We don't tell the likes of Johnny Public things like the attendance - in fact, we don't even announce it any more with a patronising "Thank you for your support" message - we do, however, tell every man and his dog with a press pass or radio show any number we like, they take it as Gospel and whack it out almost instantly for anyone to read".

Just ignore the rubbish published for the " seat counting fuckwits " and you will feel a lot better.

This is the reply I got from Supporter Services when I asked them what the attendance was:

"Unfortunately the official attendance of a match is not something the Club publish publicly and the one announced by third parties is based on ticket sales as opposed to entries on the day."

Generic garbage. We all know the attendance was 54k plus but they are willing to allow City fans to be ridiculed because they couldn't be bothered publishing the figures.

This statement from supporter services is actually a lie. All clubs publish their attendance figures and have done for at least 70 years. They have to be aware of the precise number of people in the ground for safety reasons. Something has gone wrong here and they are trying to cover it up. Attendances have always been based on tickets sold. The police collate the figure based on turnstile clicks which is always lower than tickets sold because of no-shows. If the match didn't sell out then how come the ticket exchange was activated?

Generic garbage. We all know the attendance was 54k plus but they are willing to allow City fans to be ridiculed because they couldn't be bothered publishing the figures.
Maybe 5000 people jibbed in?

This statement from supporter services is actually a lie. All clubs publish their attendance figures and have done for at least 70 years. They have to be aware of the precise number of people in the ground for safety reasons. Something has gone wrong here and they are trying to cover it up. Attendances have always been based on tickets sold. The police collate the figure based on turnstile clicks which is always lower than tickets sold because of no-shows. If the match didn't sell out then how come the ticket exchange was activated?
Ticket exchange gets activated before the games sells out now

Ticket exchange gets activated before the games sells out now
That makes it even stranger. The ground was packed so presumably a lot of tickets were exchanged. I have a lack of confidence generally in the operational side at City which has got worse since Garry Cooke left. The catering has got worse in most areas, the website is a shambles, communication with fans has declined, transport around the ground is sub-standard. We are a world class team on the pitch but surely club officials should know how many fans are in the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.