Our best combination of wide attackers?

ojeme

Sterling
Foden
Mahrez
Torres
Grealish
Bernardo

I have been trying to imagine how to get the best from the above talents. Perhaps Bernardo and Torres will play sparingly in those positions this season yet we still have four players who can do a good job.

Left or right?
Sterling can play left and right almost equally
Foden can play left and right (but seems better on the left)
Mahrez plays exclusively on the right
Grealish can play left and right (but seems better on the left)

How I rate the players
Grealish
Foden
Mahrez
Sterling

The conundrum I see here is our best wide players are the ones that prefer to play on the left eand the ones that love to play or we love to see play on the right are not performing up to the level of the former. It would have been perfect to have one high performer on the left and right and same for the not-so-high performers.
Be that as it may, my choice attacking wide players in any game would be: Grealish left, Foden right. Then substitutes would be Sterling left, Mahrez right.

Don’t think Foden right Grealish left or vice-versa would work. Need at least 1 traditional winger in there.

With a false 9...Sterling and Foden. Plenty of goals and can comfortably interchange to mix things up.

With an actual striker.. Grealish and Mahrez goal threats but also creative.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.