our chairman Khaldoon on TV!

Dubai Blue said:
Thanx4Knives said:
Dubai Blue said:
Abu Dhabi sent over a high-ranking delegation to Bahrain so as to pick up some tips on hosting an F1 Grand Prix. I imagine he was part of that delegation.

They showed a 3d mock up of the new proposed F1 track in Abu Dhabi, looks something special!
Shame it's still absolutely nowhere near finished.

Oops, did I say that out loud? You didn't hear it from me. What I meant to say was that it will be the finest F1 venue in the world and will no doubt be ready months before the race actually takes place!!!!

Yeah apparently it will be finished cause they have ridiculous amount of people working on it! Cant wait to see it!

he has shares in both Ferrari, and Puma (their sponsor) doesn't he? Plus Ferrari are heavily involved with work in Abu Dhabi, are Ferrari theme park has been opened over there. As for the grand prix in Abu Dhabi, the pictures I have seen look very very impressive, puts us to shame when we have a farce of a situation like Donnington, but then again we don't have their finances!!

Wonder if Ferrari have asked him for a bit of extra $$$ to help with the new diffusers!

edit: to say, it was Sheikh Mansour apparantely who brought F1 to AD

Thanx4Knives said:
Dubai Blue said:
Thanx4Knives said:
Dubai Blue said:
Abu Dhabi sent over a high-ranking delegation to Bahrain so as to pick up some tips on hosting an F1 Grand Prix. I imagine he was part of that delegation.

They showed a 3d mock up of the new proposed F1 track in Abu Dhabi, looks something special!
Shame it's still absolutely nowhere near finished.

Oops, did I say that out loud? You didn't hear it from me. What I meant to say was that it will be the finest F1 venue in the world and will no doubt be ready months before the race actually takes place!!!!

Yeah apparently it will be finished cause they have ridiculous amount of people working on it! Cant wait to see it!

How hard can it be to lay a bit of tarmac and put up some bleachers and brollies FFS :)

Thanx4Knives said:
They simply have no choice but to finish it. They'd become sporting pariahs if they didn't. But it's been a complete shambles. Roadworks throughout the UAE have been put on hold because there is a severe shortage of tarmac and everything that's available is being diverted to the race track.

With the help of good weather, loads of money, 24-hour working days, and a shameful supply of near-slave labour, it'll be ready on time. But only just, and I suspect the fact that it's ended up being a rush job will create problems further down the line.

A tricky one, that slave labour business. Difficult not to feel hypocritical about it [you for working there, others going on holiday, us for benefiting from the oil cash]. It's also a great irony that much property in the Emirates has been bought by 'British South Asians' [including my own family and so I benefit as well] and built by South Asian near-slave labour [allegedly, I must add, before I get the cattle prod treatment]. Life ain't fair, I suppose, but it doesn't make to right, of course.

coleridge said:
A tricky one, that slave labour business. Difficult not to feel hypocritical about it [you for working there, others going on holiday, us for benefiting from the oil cash]. It's also a great irony that much property in the Emirates has been bought by 'British South Asians' [including my own family and so I benefit as well] and built by South Asian near-slave labour [allegedly, I must add, before I get the cattle prod treatment]. Life ain't fair, I suppose, but it doesn't make to right, of course.
And in most cases, the South Asian near-slave labourers were duped into coming here by other South Asians. So, yes, it's a tricky one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.