Our English signings good or bad?

leighton

We have made a point in the media in the past that we have had so many players playing for England in a match but are the signings good or bad.

We will start at the back and work our way forward.
Joe Hart the greatest signing of the lot value for money a real 10 out of 10 signing from Pearce.
Wayne Bridge was playing second fiddle to Cole at Chelsea when we signed him I thought we had a top class full back on the books but sadly he hasnt hit it off here at the club. Mancini has his replacement in already but he hasnt got the fire in the belly no more.
Lescott Dunnies replacement started well at the club but seems to be a average player at the best and so far this year he has fallen behind Boyata in the squad. I like Lescott but his confidence seems to be shot at the moment.
Barry he is like marmite you either love him or hate him starts the season well but tends to fade in the middle part of the season and then we see bit parts from him being class to shocking.
Milner all the money we spent on this lad in the summer it is a wait and see on him at the club. Money wise it was huge for and for Milner it seems to be the pricetag is hanging over his head and he is trying to prove himself to everyone maybe he is trying too hard.
A Johnson value for money yeah it was a good deal and last season and to a minor extent this season he has showed some class. Also this year we have seen him find it hard we are going to get mixed games from him as he is still learning his role in the team and how to play.

It just seems to me maybe we could of got better value outside of England. Just look at the others in the squad Vinne , De Jong and Silva all look the part since they have come to the club and at a cheaper rate than the English players.

I think it shows how far down the line we are in England. Where did it all go wrong when someone like rooney is being paid 1 million pounds per month.

The only good thing is we have reached a peak in England as far as wages go. Unfortunately we will go the same way as Italy when the seria A went tits up. The next big powerhouse for me will be the russian league, cheap as chips for T.V. rights, lots of foreign players etc.

Hart - obviously good, at that price how could anyone disagree, but frankly even if he cost several million you couldn't either.

AJ - brilliant signing.

Milner - I think he will come good but should be played in the middle more. He is more than worth his place in our squad. It's just the fee that was silly. Unavoidable though?

Lescott - Not good in the sense that we could've got better, arguably much better, for the money. But not a bad defender. Still, I'd have to say on that basis, overall not a great signing for us.

Barry - underrated, didn't cost a lot so I'd say he's a good signing.

Bridge - worst signing of the lot by far. Just seems to me to have a very poor attitude. Then there's THOSE cross statistics. Overpaid and should be got off the wage bill.

Henshall - haven't got a clue to be honest. Anyone been following his progress? whatever it is, it'd be foolhardy to make a judgement at this stage of his career anyway obviously.

Taylor - Meh. Not great by any stretch of the imagination, but we won't need him often.

if I've forgotten anyone it's cos I've been up thirty fuckin' hours! :-/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.