Our injuries this season...

dancity19

Sorry if this has already been said, I can't see it. But what was the reason for our club doctor leaving early into the season, it is probably just a coincidence, but last season we were almost injury free, yet this year, when getting rid of the club doctor we have been dogged by injuries...strange? What was the story behind that?

Almost as strange as changing the defensive coach from last year, then leaking goals, although at least this has stopped now and we are looking better at the back again.

was thinkin the exact same thing..richards,maicon,rodwell,garcia,sergio,mario,silva,nasri,sinclair?milner,zab all been injured so far.

I doubt the club doctor can do much in the prevention of injuries. I dont go to my doctor before something might happen. We were lucky last season. Incredibly lucky when you look back especially with Tevez off on his golfing Sabbatical. This year we have to pay the man to work harder

cyprustavern said:
was thinkin the exact same thing..richards,maicon,rodwell,garcia,sergio,mario,silva,nasri,sinclair?milner,zab all been injured so far.

It was inevtiable that Rodwell would be injured - it wasn't so much a new signing as him just changing treatment tables. Even Jesus hasn't got a miracle to sort him out.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I doubt the club doctor can do much in the prevention of injuries. I dont go to my doctor before something might happen. We were lucky last season. Incredibly lucky when you look back especially with Tevez off on his golfing Sabbatical. This year we have to pay the man to work harder

But you aren't a professional athlete who needs to kept in good condition at all times to prevent injuries. If these were injuries due to horrific tackles I would agree with you, but with so many being due to pulled muscles, and players pulling up with a strain (Garcia, Richards, Milner) then I think you are being really naive.

A club doctor is an entirely different thing to a doctor you go to see when you have a cold. So I think they can have a say in the prevention of injuries.

It could be due to medical team definitely. Not all of course but of course they have an importance in keeping players fit.

Some teams like Arsenal or United had much more injuries that other teams in last seasons. All teams play same games, it can't be a bad luck all time, can it? It has to have something with the way their players are prepared and how the work about injury prevention has been done.

I hope that's not case with us now or that could pose a significant problem. We were best by a country mile in that department last year and should keep that doctor definitely even if this injury situation is not connected with him, he obviously knew his job.

Best defensive record in the league, change defensive coach, become a relative shambles at the back.
Best injury record in the league, change the club doctor, have a long injury list.
I know we need to continually strive for improvement but I sometimes wonder whether it's worth considering that if something ain't broke, don't fix it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.