Our Owner

I love our owners as well. But not as much as I love United's. Both have played a huge part in our success.
They’ve spent over £1bn on transfers since Ferguson retired. The second most in Europe. What would be enough? £2bn? 10?

I don’t think the transfer spend has been their problem. Bad management has.

They had one of the best managers of all time who completely overachieved in his last few years.

They appointed probably the 2nd best manager in the world at the time a couple of years back, are they saying, anything less than the best manager in the world isn’t good enough?

Fergurson appointed Moyes. Van Gaal was a no brainer at the time. Mourinho was a no brainer. Lolé is getting their identity back.

The reason they’ve got their knickers in a twist is because City are so well run on and off the pitch.

But the management model they’ve had for the last 10 years that’s been a disaster is the same model they had for the previous 20 that was super successful.

That’s not really the Glazers fault imo. If they’d changed the structure and it didn’t work, they’d have got slaughtered. Not “The United Way”.

Fergurson is as much to blame for their last 10 years as the Glazers are imo.

As much as Sky and the media generally will try to make the rags protest seem noble. We know it was a mob of spoilt, entitled, glory hunting twats sulking because they are not winning anymore. They couldn’t care less about the ESL, they just cannot stand being a distant second in the league and their own metropolitan area, not city obviously.

Thank God we're not owned by some sort of money-grubbing conglomeration - simply wanting to see a profit. Many of our rivals - ManU, Liverpool, Arsenal - have been plagued by this sort of ownership. And save for Liverpool's recent success - each club has been royally fucked (and this past season for Liverpool is IMO - well past due comeuppance for Scouse ownership.)

Football ownership isn't about making money - it's about trying to assemble the best squad possible within financial constraints - to please fans. For me, that's what our ownership is about - City fans first - making money secondary.

They’ve spent over £1bn on transfers since Ferguson retired. The second most in Europe. What would be enough? £2bn? 10?

They had one of the best managers of all time who completely overachieved in his last few years.

They appointed probably the 2nd best manager in the world at the time a couple of years back, are they saying, anything less than the best manager in the world isn’t good enough?

Fergurson appointed Moyes. Van Gaal was a no brainer at the time. Mourinho was a no brainer. Lolé is getting their identity back.

The reason they’ve got their knickers in a twist is because City are so well run on and off the pitch.

But the management model they’ve had for the last 10 years that’s been a disaster is the same model they had for the previous 20 that was super successful.

That’s not really the Glazers fault imo. If they’d changed the structure and it didn’t work, they’d have got slaughtered. Not “The United Way”.

while I agreee with most ofthat, isnt the utd fans problem the ammount of money being taken OUT of utd...not the money they are putting in.

There has been exceedingly bad management and short term thinking including on transfers which has seen poor performances on the pitch and poor resutls both shorter term and longer term...however they have been improving recently on the pitch (though stuill being a way off us and I do think they will have chelski to contend with next season - as will we... as well as a Liverpool team who wont underperform to the same extent as they have this season.

But yes I fully agree with your main point - their anger/protests is about their lack of success on the pitch, not the ESL...though it may have caused the spark that started it all off again as even our fan base was pretty pissed at our owners/people in charge last week and there were some on here calling for them to quit (not that I agreed with that at al)

And let's not forget the humility our owners have shown to the football world.

Yes, we have been very successful in recent times, but from the owners, down to Pep and then the players we conduct ourselves with the highest integrity, earning respect far and wide. I think we've recognised that football in general matters, that's why we entered the ESL kicking and screaming by the looks of it. I think we knew the damage it would could to the football pyramid in general, something our owners and management have huge respect for.

while I agreee with most ofthat, isnt the utd fans problem the ammount of money being taken OUT of utd...not the money they are putting in.

There has been exceedingly bad management and short term thinking including on transfers which has seen poor performances on the pitch and poor resutls both shorter term and longer term...however they have been improving recently on the pitch (though stuill being a way off us and I do think they will have chelski to contend with next season - as will we... as well as a Liverpool team who wont underperform to the same extent as they have this season.

But yes I fully agree with your main point - their anger/protests is about their lack of success on the pitch, not the ESL...though it may have caused the spark that started it all off again as even our fan base was pretty pissed at our owners/people in charge last week and there were some on here calling for them to quit (not that I agreed with that at al)

Fortunately their demise has been ‘hidden’ by the success of officiating to keep them ‘relevant’. They have been crap for several years as we have all seen. Corners being ‘turned’ has blinded people from the incompetence of their management and their team.

United have been badly run over the past decade, but without our owners, they’d be another few titles up. They’ve finally got some real competition and they’ve seen their fucking arses. Entitled fuckers went years being untouchable and over coming any team that challenged them for a few years. They managed to get the better of Arsenal after a good number of years of competing with each other, they were still winning titles when Chelsea became a force in the league and Liverpool were nowhere to be seen apart from 2009. We’ve come along and demonstrated how to properly run a football club. We got the manager, the best DoF and CEO available, amazing facilities, stadium expansion and a team full of world class players with a clear continuation plan. Money is no excuse, as we’ve got a similar net spend back dating to a few years back.

It’s no wonder the Glazers and Henry dislike us, without us they’d be untouchable and protests like today wouldn’t be happening.

As much as Sky and the media generally will try to make the rags protest seem noble. We know it was a mob of spoilt, entitled, glory hunting twats sulking because they are not winning anymore. They couldn’t care less about the ESL, they just cannot stand being a distant second in the league and their own metropolitan area, not city obviously.
In a nutshell.

Football ownership isn't about making money - it's about trying to assemble the best squad possible within financial constraints - to please fans. For me, that's what our ownership is about - City fans first - making money secondary.
I'm sure our owner isn't in it just to please the fans - he definitely wants to make money, but he's smart enough to factor in the fans as well. He's trying to create a sustainable money-making business (which has to include keeping the fans onside) while the Glazers are squeezing every egg out of their golden goose, even though they're killing it in the process.

I'm sure our owner isn't in it just to please the fans - he definitely wants to make money, but he's smart enough to factor in the fans as well. He's trying to create a sustainable money-making business (which has to include keeping the fans onside) while the Glazers are squeezing every egg out of their golden goose, even though they're killing it in the process.
Just so - I wouldn't say he's bought City as a money making venture (investment in a world football club with the goal of making as much as you can for your investment is stupid - Liverpool, Manu and Arsenal owners are stupid - they're in it for the money, IMO, and could make much more with some other investment) - which I think you'll agree is true.

As a businessman - he doesn't want to lose money unnecessarily. So he's doing what he can to boost revenue(and indeed the FFP rules encourage this sort of investment).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.