Palace (A) Post Match Thread

People saying Sane was poor, you do realise he had 3 players in front of him the entire game, right?

Because Danilo doesn't overlap and Gundogan didn't move at all, they were able to screen him. He did well considering tbh. At least he tried, whereas Bernardo on the other wing just stood on the wing. Fine, if the midfield took advantage and moved, but they didn't. Fernandinho was in his usual role waiting for Gundogan to come collect the ball like Silva would, but he never bothered. This allowed KDB to be man marked out of the game without any fear. We got screwed because Gundogan sat in space waiting for everyone to do the work for him, when the game was there for him to take advantage of by doing it himself. That's the difference between him and Dave.

Sane was poor but was actually the only real threat we had today. Your points about Gundogan are bang on, he only seems interested when the ball is within 5 yards of him, otherwise he ambles through the game waiting for things to happen for him. A good squad player but nowhere near the level of Silva.

We didn't do enough to win. Nor did they even considering the dodgy penalty. A few tackles flying in, which is to be expected these days, but Puncheons on Kev was a disgrace. The ref saw it, the ref gave a yellow, good enough for the F.A then. No further action. This needs looking at as it was disgraceful. Moss was also a disgrace.

Still, unbeaten, 14 points clear at the New Year, the most ever, and a home game against Watford to look forward to.

He defends ok. Biggest problem for me is when he has the ball, he doesn't bring it out and play it forward often enough. We have missed Stones ability to do this and he will be back in on Tuesday I would expect. Mangala has done better defensively than I expected though.

Agree with the bringing thr ball out bit, and we have missed Stones, but then Stones is one of the best in the leagie this seaon at bringing the ball out so any team would miss him.
I think with Stones and Kompany out Mangala has done well

Walker motm for me...KDB will be fine and like others I was unsure about Sanchez but even without the GJ injury I think we need fresh talented blood in there to give others a break in what is probably the most physically demanding midfields to play in Europe. Bernie will come good if he gets an extended run in midfield and not on the wing and let’s bring Merlin back when he’s ready to come back mentally not just because we dropped 2 points.

Well done City on the 18 in a row and being 14 clear at the half way mark a truly brilliant team and management effort to achieve those stats!

Trialling VAR in a game today I'm sure I heard should've trailed it in this one with the inept Moss in charge...

We have got potentially another 33 games this season. We need him and we need a left back.

Maybe. But I think we'd cope fine without him tbh. Even at left back Delph has been more then good enough. Other then today we've been brilliant. And even today we didn't lose. So I don't see the great panic to buy more attacking players. Obviously if Jesus is out for most of the season then maybe we should.

more disjointed.
Yep, about sums it up. Tight ground, oppostion hassled and harried and we weren’t quite at our best. Thought it would be a struggle given the time, the ground, the opponent and so it transpired. Sane was off the pace, Walker was superb. The run has come to an end. But we remain undefeated. And 14 points clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.