Paradise Papers Leak

Even the queen has been at it https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...vate-estate-invested-offshore-paradise-papers

What sort of precedence does it set when the head of state the Her in HMRC is engaged in this type of behaviour?

Plenty of hypocrits to and I hear that Lord Ashcroft is still hiding in the carzy from the reporters.

Anyway a further instalment is on the Panarama tonight where the UK again confirms itself to be the biggest hypocrite in tax avoidance.
The queen is exempt from paying tax and only makes a voluntary contribution so in her case it must purely be an investment.

Everywhere else who do not prevent investment in offshore funds. Literally every other country in the world.
Yes but once they are abroad Britain becomes off shore to them so they can invest in the UK for a change.

I think we're onto something here GD.

Get your propellors going and I'll whizz them through security.

There are a few on this thread who have been quick to jump on this statement.
Here is why I'm happy to stand by it.

The poorest do not earn money they are supported by the state. The vat they pay on goods is factored into the amount of benefits they receive. If vat was higher they would receive more benefits. They are not taxed they are subsidised. I make no claim that they shouldn't be, just that to claim someone who doesn't earn any money is taxed cannot be said to be true.

FFS you don't understand the system ... the poor earn X£ and its topped up by 'support from the tax that me n you pay (not by the wealthy cos thats all offshore) the poor work really hard and get a great appraisal so they earn more wage .......as a result their 'benefit' gets reduced so their weekly income doesn't increase and they stay where they are so whats the motivation

nothing changes and nothing will until this corrupt government gets voted out.

Everywhere else who do not prevent investment in offshore funds. Literally every other country in the world.

Tell the fuckers they can’t educate their kids in the UK if they go.
Let’s see how good the Bahamas pep schools are.

And seize anything they cannot remove.

FFS you don't understand the system ... the poor earn X£ and its topped up by 'support from the tax that me n you pay (not by the wealthy cos thats all offshore) the poor work really hard and get a great appraisal so they earn more wage .......as a result their 'benefit' gets reduced so their weekly income doesn't increase and they stay where they are so whats the motivation

nothing changes and nothing will until this corrupt government gets voted out.

The poorest earn nothing and therefore do not make any meaningful contribution to government revenues. I didn't say poor, I said poorest. The wealthy contribute most of the income tax revenue. What they do with their spare capital is none of our business so long as they operate within the rules. Investing in off shore funds is within the rules. The capital gains are taxed when they are brought on shore.

This is just envy disguised as moral outrage.

The queen is exempt from paying tax and only makes a voluntary contribution so in her case it must purely be an investment.
She isn't exempt from any private income she receives. Why the fuck do you think she's invested off shore? For a laugh?

She isn't exempt from any private income she receives. Why the fuck do you think she's invested off shore? For a laugh?
Yes she is exempt from all UK tax makes a voluntary contribution equivalent to what she would have paid 4.1 million last year please check facts. She has invested both off and onshore for a rate of return

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.