Paternity test faked - advice

Read the whole thread and confused about a few things.
i went for a random drugs test the other week, for work and was given a bottle and told to pee in it. I couldnt take my mum or a mate in the loo with me, went in alone and came out and handed the bottle over.

How was this swap taken? Where was it collected? The nurse or whoever surely had to be there to collect it on the spot to verify whose was whose? Otherwise the test is useless.
How could she have swapped yours for her mums? You did the test so who did you hand your swab to?

Also how did you find out the result of the test? Do you still have the result if written? If not contact the place you had the test done and ask for a copy of the result

Last edited:
Why are you assuming she would be difficult? contact her and go from there,if you need to force the issue then get advice from a solicitor,if you go all aggressive she won't let you see the kid anyway,stay cool
is it not obvious? If what he says is true and she's faked a DNA test it's pretty obvious she's not only a despicable human being but somebody that might be 'difficult'.

I'd be dubious then. The boy's sample was replaced by the grandmother's yes?
I'm not an expert on how paternity tests are done but would like to think tests would pick up gender differences between XX grandmother and XY child? Also samples should be submitted independently in barcoded tubes?

Don't want to cause worries for you but there should be a level of fraud control in place. Another thing is that child would only have 25% grandmothers genes but 50% parents. This should show up, but as I say, I don't know how deeply paternity tests look into these things.

Any decent lab would. Amelogenin sex gene tests are part of the control as is checking for contamination, multiple donors, if it's human (some people have been known to swab pets). A lad on our pub darts team had to repeat his test a few years ago as he and his girlfriend had put their samples in the wrong tubes. He told me the lab contacted both him and his girlfriend and said they weren't even allowed to continue testing once the control failed. He asked the lab if they could simply switch them back, as both parties admitted the mistake and they said no the test would have to be done again from the start.

By testing the wrong people. So the test should have been:

Test A - me
Test B - the mum
Test C - the child

The DNA company then confirm that B & C are related then if A & C are related. However I'm now told the actual swabs were:

Test A - me
Test B - the mum
Test C - her mum

This then shows them 2 are related but I'm not.
Shame you hadn't done this in Norwich.

i went for a random drugs test the other week, for work and was given a bottle and told to pee in it. I couldnt take my mum or a mate in the loo with me, went in alone and came out and handed the bottle over.

How was this swap taken? Where was it collected? The nurse or whoever surely had to be there to collect it on the spot to verify whose was whose? Otherwise the test is useless.
How could she have swapped yours for her mums? You did the test so who did you hand your swab to?

Also how did you find out the result of the test? Do you still have the result if written? If not contact the place you had the test done and ask for a copy of the result
If you read the whole thread and still need those questions answering then you didn't read it very well.

It wasn't done in a controlled environment. I was sent the pack and the swabs were done at home then posted to the company to perform the tests. I didn't witness her and the baby doing the swabs she wouldn't let me. Her Ex now says he was there (which I knew anyway) and she had ore collected saliva from her mum and younger brother. I said at the start the tests were of her and her mum but reading his messaged again it was her mum and her brother that did them.

I still have the written results.

Last edited:
I'd be dubious then. The boy's sample was replaced by the grandmother's yes?
I'm not an expert on how paternity tests are done but would like to think tests would pick up gender differences between XX grandmother and XY child? Also samples should be submitted independently in barcoded tubes?

Don't want to cause worries for you but there should be a level of fraud control in place. Another thing is that child would only have 25% grandmothers genes but 50% parents. This should show up, but as I say, I don't know how deeply paternity tests look into these things.
This is my bad. I said at the start the tests were of her and her mum but reading his messages again it was her mum and her brother that did them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.